The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Would You Give Up?

Bieksa, Malhotra, 1st and 3rd rounders for Weber

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Booth

Kassian - Pahlsson - Hansen

Bitz - Lapierre - Weise (looks like he might breakout, watch this space)

Weber - Edler

Hamhuis - Ballard

Tanev - Rome

Alberts

Obviously we need one more top-4 defenceman, but suddenly we have that elusive top pairing.

NSH is going to want a guy that is not only a high-calibre NHL player, but one they can market, too. Edler is not a very marketable player.

Our top marketable players are: The Sedins, Kesler, Luongo, Schneider, and Burrows. The Sedins would leave a huge hole on our offense plus they're the franchise. NSH doesn't need a goalie and Burrows isn't a high enough calibre of player to get a Weber. That leaves Kesler, who I'd hate to see leave, but if it's for Weber, that would balance the disappointment.

Like mentioned before, Nashville losing Weber means there losing there captain, there market, and their franchise. Its arguable that Rinne is their franchise, but thats like us losing Kesler, who has grown to be the most marketable player we have. So no, i wouldnt trade Kesler for Weber unless they took some salary ( ballard, raymond ) Though i would LOVE to have Weber, i just think too many teenage girls would be upset

Honestly, I would give up anyone other than the Sedins. Shea Weber is at his worst a top 5 defenceman and they are incredibly difficult to acquire. Canucks haven't had one in 40+ years of existence.

Kesler + 1st would be what it would take IMO, and I would do it in a heartbeat. Preds get a star American centre who's under contract for another 4 seasons and is a player they can market. It's a little harder to swallow since we don't have someone like Hodgson to fill his spot, but it's worth the major upgrade on D. It's easier to find a 2nd line centre than a #1 franchise defenceman.

Honestly, I would give up anyone other than the Sedins. Shea Weber is at his worst a top 5 defenceman and they are incredibly difficult to acquire. Canucks haven't had one in 40+ years of existence.

Kesler + 1st would be what it would take IMO, and I would do it in a heartbeat. Preds get a star American centre who's under contract for another 4 seasons and is a player they can market. It's a little harder to swallow since we don't have someone like Hodgson to fill his spot, but it's worth the major upgrade on D. It's easier to find a 2nd line centre than a #1 franchise defenceman.

I'd give up anyone but Henrik and Daniel(NTC's aside) including any of our prospects.

Players like Weber are irreplaceable, and rarely get to the market(especially when in their prime). You usually have to develop your own, or pay through the nose to get them.

can someone tell me how this works because most of you are suggesting the canucks trade anyone but the Sedins to get Weber when he is a RFA........my question is why would you want to trade guys like Kesler,Burrows,Edler ect when you could sign him to an offer sheet and only give up two late 1st round picks+2nd+3rd to get him?

can someone tell me how this works because most of you are suggesting the canucks trade anyone but the Sedins to get Weber when he is a RFA........my question is why would you want to trade guys like Kesler,Burrows,Edler ect when you could sign him to an offer sheet and only give up two late 1st round picks+2nd+3rd to get him?

Archived