Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Who Would You Give Up?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#31 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:08 AM

Edler, Booth, and Raymond to Nashville

Weber to Vancouver

Done.
Posted Image

#32 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:12 AM

I'd give up anyone but Henrik and Daniel(NTC's aside) including any of our prospects.

Players like Weber are irreplaceable, and rarely get to the market(especially when in their prime). You usually have to develop your own, or pay through the nose to get them.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#33 GM

GM

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:02 PM

can someone tell me how this works because most of you are suggesting the canucks trade anyone but the Sedins to get Weber when he is a RFA........my question is why would you want to trade guys like Kesler,Burrows,Edler ect when you could sign him to an offer sheet and only give up two late 1st round picks+2nd+3rd to get him?

#34 billabong

billabong

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:11 PM

can someone tell me how this works because most of you are suggesting the canucks trade anyone but the Sedins to get Weber when he is a RFA........my question is why would you want to trade guys like Kesler,Burrows,Edler ect when you could sign him to an offer sheet and only give up two late 1st round picks+2nd+3rd to get him?

two reasons: if you sign him to an offer sheet, nashville can just match it and you are gonna haft to trade for him anyways and it creates cap room
Posted Image

#35 GM

GM

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:18 PM

thanks for the reply........so basically Weber is going nowhere because if Nashville can afford to match then they won't trade the best d-man in the league.......

#36 billabong

billabong

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:26 PM

thanks for the reply........so basically Weber is going nowhere because if Nashville can afford to match then they won't trade the best d-man in the league.......

well theoretically yes but why would you want someone on your team who doesnt want to be there, especially your captain....they might do a sign and trade like what phx did with turris but when he is RFA he is still virtually signed till next year so my money is on a traditional trade in this situation
Posted Image

#37 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:42 PM

So are all the buzzkills, if you dont like it, dont read it..

Posted Image

#38 Ronning4center

Ronning4center

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:39 PM

Webber is under contract for one more year....even after that year is up Nashville can trade the "Rights" to sign him to another team. You dont get as much in return but its still something that happens for elite players. I posted this topic to ask fans which of our top four D men they would want to let go to fit webber in the cap. Not necessarily sending them to nashville but to other teams for prospects or pics to free up the cash.

I just wanted the fans to realize you can't keep Hamhuis, Bieksa, Edler AND have Webber too. Unless you want to watch 1-0 wins and losses for 82 games. Our goal scoring in the last four months was near the bottom of the league and we've just lost Kesler long term. Offense should be our number one concern.

Edited by Ronning4center, 10 May 2012 - 05:45 PM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.