Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Hmm Ok.. Maybe We Were Not That Bad. Kings Swept St.louis..

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 alexkidd

alexkidd

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:03 PM

After Daniel came back we were pretty even with the Kings. If Daniel was back for game one it probably would have been a 7 game series. Now that the Kings have swept the Blues I feel better about the Canucks. Kings are on a tear and are proving to be way better than everyone thought. Next season should be good for us. Rested and ready for revenge!
Posted Image

I am not a bandwagoneer. I am just pessimistic. 40 years without a cup will do that to any normal fan. So please, stop and think before labeling someone a bandwagoneer.

#2 alexkidd

alexkidd

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:05 PM

Delete me please, I see another similar topic now..
Posted Image

I am not a bandwagoneer. I am just pessimistic. 40 years without a cup will do that to any normal fan. So please, stop and think before labeling someone a bandwagoneer.

#3 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,237 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:07 PM

After Daniel came back we were pretty even with the Kings. If Daniel was back for game one it probably would have been a 7 game series. Now that the Kings have swept the Blues I feel better about the Canucks. Kings are on a tear and are proving to be way better than everyone thought. Next season should be good for us. Rested and ready for revenge!

It would have been interesting how we would have done if Schneider played the whole series including Games 1 & 2. (Not hating on Luongo)

307mg00.jpg

#4 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:21 PM

No. We were bad. I'm sorry. Two shorthanded goals?! Wtf!

Edlers "play", our pp, our pk.

We were bad.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#5 hockeyfan90

hockeyfan90

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:27 PM

ok so what if simong gagne came back for LA? Just saying there's always injury and can't use it as excuses even though sedin > gagne he is still a top 6 forward that would've made their team even better

Edited by hockeyfan90, 06 May 2012 - 06:28 PM.

#6 chicocanuck

chicocanuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

LA is playing really hard and with a lot of confidence. You gotta give them credit, but the Canucks still underachieved. Having Daniel around for the whole series would've helped, but the team never looked in sync. Too many mental errors and not enough effort.

Posted Image

"He's so cool and calm he could have played with a cigarette in his mouth". - Kevin Bieksa

#7 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,672 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:32 PM

No, the Canucks were that bad.

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#8 canucktican

canucktican

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:35 PM

We were bad.

this

#9 CIaude Giroux

CIaude Giroux

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:40 PM

We were bad.

St. Luise gave up a short handed goal in game 1 and 2 soooo............. its not like our PP killed us

ob27hYW.jpg

#10 Rounoush

Rounoush

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:46 PM

LA is playing really hard and with a lot of confidence. You gotta give them credit, but the Canucks still underachieved. Having Daniel around for the whole series would've helped, but the team never looked in sync. Too many mental errors and not enough effort.

Took the words right out of my mouth.
Posted Image
Thanks a bunch to khalifawiz501 for the signature.

#11 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,571 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:55 PM

It was never an issue of being "that bad". President's Trophy, remember. It is/was a question of being the best. That's what you have to be to win it all. Are we really giving ourselves the chance to be the best with all of the pieces we have?
I think we're only a few pieces away:
1) coaching staff (possibly in the works); 2)starting goalie (almost certainly in the works);3)all-star d man (a trade of #2 could bring this back); 4)all-star power forward/sniper/playmaker (a trade of #2 could bring this back, too). Put those pieces in place, and we are the best.
I know it seems like "Oh, all we need is a new coach, trade Luongo and get Kopitarz and Duncan Keith? Why didn't you say so?", but it's not as much of a pipe dream as it looks, and those pieces are all within grasp. We just need MG to have the balls to make the moves/difficult decisions.
Tomorrow could bring a lot of answers.

no duh.

You win the internet, EOM.

#12 Papayas

Papayas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:05 PM

We were bad.

I hope it's not as bad as your grammar or logic.

#13 Gran Turismo

Gran Turismo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,209 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:28 PM

I hope it's not as bad as your grammar or logic.

There's nothing wrong with his grammar or logic aside from a missing apostrophe. There's no point in trying to find a silver lining in our series loss. We were bad. End of story.
Posted Image

#14 Templeton Peck

Templeton Peck

Canucks First-Line

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,020 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:35 PM

Posted Image
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please read the Board Rules.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.