The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Logo

The Magician

172 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have 10 different Canucks jerseys so the answer is yes.

I love checking out the crowd at games and you can see all these different styles of jerseys, to each their own I say.

I don't have them all by any means but here's what I have...

Orland Kurtenbach "1970" by Mitchell and Ness

Tiger Williams "Flying V" by Mitchell and Ness,

Linden rookie styled "Skate jersey" in gold/yellow.

Bure #96 "Skate jersey",

Mogilny in "Salmon Skate jersey" (our first 3rds),

the First Orca,

Bertuzzi in first 3rd Orca,

re-issued 70s style jersey circa 2005? (used as 3rds)

Hansen "game issued" in new styled Orca,

Kesler in new 3rds.

My favorite is our current 3rds. Updated version of the original.

they are not changing the jerseys. victor de bonis talked about how the canucks brand is highly established and recognized - both in NHL markets and the global market. it is dumb to even talk about rebranding with the current state of the brand.

at the end of the day, the canucks are a business and it would be a terrible business decision to rebrand at the moment.

No, I wouldn't buy a new jersey, especially if they chose the stick & rink (stinking rink) one. It's too passive! I might get a Johnny Canuck one if it could be made to look less than it belongs to Montreal or Quebec City. Don't see how that could be done, though.

How about a logo of a large Hawaiian in fur coat and beaver cap holding a hockey stick? In the pacific northwest the term Canuck was used as a reference towards both French and Hawaiians working in the fur trade. It was in the east that the term was used towards the French in the lumber industry. Which is why the lumberjack logo doesn't make sense for this region.

Of course you buy a jersey new logo or not. This is what a fan does, this is how a fan supports the team. The fact that the logo is updated, different, or stays the same should not make a true fan say yah or nah to a jersey. It is the feeling that you get when you go to an away game and all of the home team "fans" start to ride you. You know that you did your part to get a little under their skin. This is what a true fan is. Now get out there and get your Nucks gear andd take it to the limit.....

NUFF SAID

Well I already have a stick-in-rick 3rd jersey which looks pretty nice to me. Plan on getting Luongo or Higgins written on the back, so I don't think I'd bother buying another jersey if they changed the logo. If they changed the material to something better (like the jerseys before the lockout had) then I probably would.

Maybe just a new 3rd, I don't mind the orca, and we have been rocking the same logo for a while now......kinda, I wish the team would pick a logo and just stay with it. 3rd jerseys are your ones to be creative with... Wouldn't mind a big V like how Ottawa has the big O

Off-topic, but...

I've been one of those stop changing the jerseys guys, but I'd like to see the modernized stick-in-rink as the main logo and the orca logo as the shoulder patch. The current jersey with the orca as the primary logo becomes the third.

dLewQ.jpg

It's not really a new jersey, it's a modernized version of our first jerseys like the latest Capitals jerseys. :P

Archived