The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Mike Gillis Agrees To Contract Extension

hockeyville88

I honestly hate it too, I have never used it, I've never stated that we have choked until this year, I mean even the finals, we were up 2 Games, the Bruins won 4 out of 5 games, and in such a dominating fashion, it was a choke.

This year we completely choked against LA, we weren't motivated, didn't show any determination, we sat back and tried to force things, we had no attack and LA picked us apart, they were way better, it wasn't even close.

And there success was mainly because of coaching, Sutter got the best out of his team, got the best out of every player, and has continued to do so and our was completely unmotivated and this team choked big time.

I keep on seeing comments about a new voice. I would like to know where they are getting their locker news from. If they have some inside info on what goes on in the Canucks locker, we need to hear this!!

I can't see them firing AV over an early exit. How can they drop a successful coach? He isn't done, he just needs to re-think his box.

He's an awesome GM. This is a no-brainer. A little bit of luck on his side, but everyone needs that. Can you imagine if Sundin had signed for 2 years @10 mill? That would have caused some re-signing problems for this team.

Go Gillis!

AV sure as hell doesn't deserve an extension

Excellent!

Mike is a fantastic general manager, and can continue to build off the sucsess that he and managment have put together for years to come. We have an amazing team, and I think some take it for granted. We are a top contender, team's compare themselves playing against us, and we are looking better for the future after every draft.

Very happy with this! I suspect a 1 year contract extension for A.V announced later this week.

I don't see any situation where AV being fired happens.

MG has stuck by AV from day one, to decide now to let him go would essentially be admitting you've made a mistake everytime you backed your coach. As an owner, how do you extend a guy who has failed to correct a problem that has been around since day one.

One may argue that ownership steps in and demands AV be fired...but that too would just be showing MG that they don't support his vision of the team....again why extend your GM's contract if you don't support the same vision?

AV will be back behind the bench next season.

Archived