The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler Or Thornton?

Thornton any day over Kesler. Not even close. Reason? Here's a summary of a typical Ryan Kesler Shift:

.....Get puck in neutral zone. Skat fast with head down. Get across opposing team's blueline. Team mates may or may not be open, don't know because head is down. Sitck handle and take wrist shot from 50 feet out. Shot hits defenseman's shin pad. Opposing player collects puck and breaks out. Skate back hard on backcheck.....

I'll give it to him though, he earns every cent of his $5 million contract skating back on the back check.

Definitely Kesler. If you were talking about younger Thornton in his prime that would be a different scenario

But the type of player Kesler is, his age and salary, I would go for him.

Here's another one:

Kesler for Datsyuk??

Just remember, Datsyuk would be our 2nd line center not 1st, so would not be playing against top d pairings and checkers.

Thornton would be better suited. Our 2nd line needs a playmaker and Thornton is one of the best. Right now the only good passer in our top-6 is Henrik Sedin, which is why our offence is drying up of late.

Kesler either needs to play better defensively and get back to his 50-assist level where he was playing so selflessly, or GTFO. His selfish play (not only hogging the puck, but playing injured) has cost our team its depth offence and has been a huge reason for our last 2 playoff exits.

So much blatant homerism, Thornton is by the far the better player and is a first line center on a majority of teams in the NHL. Kesler is good second line center, who might become a few teams first line center. With that said Thornton instead of Kesler on the Canucks would definitely make them a better team.

I also loved the comment that "Thornton can't backcheck", the guy can be a monster defensively. Whoever says that Joe Thornton is an one dimensional player has clearly never watched the guy play. I am a Hawks fan and I would definitely put Big Joe ahead of even Toews. Sometimes you have to take the blinders off and be objective of players on other teams.

To all those calling Thornton a choker, Dave Bolland had a higher ppg in the playoffs than either Henrik or Daniel Sedin, does that make the Sedins chokers?

So much blatant homerism, Thornton is by the far the better player and is a first line center on a majority of teams in the NHL. Kesler is good second line center, who might become a few teams first line center. With that said Thornton instead of Kesler on the Canucks would definitely make them a better team.

I also loved the comment that "Thornton can't backcheck", the guy can be a monster defensively. Whoever says that Joe Thornton is an one dimensional player has clearly never watched the guy play. I am a Hawks fan and I would definitely put Big Joe ahead of even Toews. Sometimes you have to take the blinders off and be objective of players on other teams.

To all those calling Thornton a choker, Dave Bolland had a higher ppg in the playoffs than either Henrik or Daniel Sedin, does that make the Sedins chokers?

So much blatant homerism, Thornton is by the far the better player and is a first line center on a majority of teams in the NHL. Kesler is good second line center, who might become a few teams first line center. With that said Thornton

instead of Kesler on the Canucks would definitely make them a better team.

I also loved the comment that "Thornton can't backcheck", the guy can be a monster defensively. Whoever says that Joe Thornton is an one dimensional player has clearly never

watched the guy play. I am a Hawks fan and I would definitely put Big Joe ahead of even Toews. Sometimes you have to take the blinders off and be objective of players on other teams.

Archived