The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

W C F: (3) Phoenix Coyotes Vs (8) Los Angeles Kings

Who will will the series?  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Maybe we should getting to the root of the matter. Bad refs. All season long I have never seen worse refs than we are now. We're getting clutching and grabbing back in the game (So much for putting speed back). And ref's are screwing up calls left/right/and centre.

I'd fire the director of referees, and start a training program starting from the CHL, through the AHL, and then to the NHL.

Bring in the best ref's from each league and move them up. And start firing the worst ones in the NHL. I would also consider going back to a 1 ref, 2 linesman system. What's the point of having 2 refs, if neither one are catching the penalties? We need to bring in some good ex-refs to work with the current ones and work on what to look for, improve performance, and how to create good "flow".

Just my 2 cents.

Interesting quote by Keith Yandle:

"They (NHL) know we don't have an owner. They know we don't have anyone to back us up."

Wonder if there's any truth to this. That the NHL took liberties with the Coyotes, knowing that they weren't going to hear about it from upper management

I never said anything was rigged. I said the NHL had big plans for the Kings, and they've certainly been helping them along, but someone could step up and beat the Kings in spite of the breaks they;ve been getting. As for why watch it's, it's like watching WWE wrestling. J'st because you're pretty sure you know what's going to happen doesn't necessarily take away from the entertainment factor.

Try again. Again, you descriped a pest. Those slashings at no padding are to irritate players. That's what Kesler/Burrows did it when they were 3rd liners and Lapierre did it pre-Vancouver. Kesler would give top players hell. I remember him irritating Gaborik so much, he would elbow back. Those slashes are not enough to make someone leave a game, they are only there to leave a bruise. And what has Brown done other than throw clean hits? Dive? Diving alone does not make you a rat.

If you think the Kings are whiny, check out the Coyotes' post game interviews throughout the series. And that includes the coach. If you don't like their cheap shots, then check out the 4 or 5 from the Coyotes from Game 2 alone and the fact that they've been suspended more than any other team this playoffs. If you don't like the diving, check out Roszival just prior when Penner gave him a love tap and he dropped like a sack.

How did the NHL help the Kings win so many games? Did Bettman make Quick a better player? Kings have been getting powerplays but have they scored much on them? They have one of the lowest percentages and it was a concerning issue for their team. How did Bettman help the Kings 5 on 5?

The excuses as to why the Kings are winning are sad.

I never said anything was rigged. I said the NHL had big plans for the Kings, and they've certainly been helping them along, but someone could step up and beat the Kings in spite of the breaks they've been getting. As for why watch it's, it's like watching WWE wrestling. Just because you're pretty sure you know what's going to happen doesn't necessarily take away from the entertainment factor.

Archived