Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

W C F: (3) Phoenix Coyotes Vs (8) Los Angeles Kings

• Please log in to reply
546 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will will the series? (108 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will will the series?

1. Coyotes in 4 (1 votes [0.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.93%

2. Coyotes in 5 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Voted Coyotes in 6 (19 votes [17.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.76%

4. Coyotes in 7 (21 votes [19.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.63%

5. Kings in 4 (12 votes [11.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.21%

6. Kings in 5 (18 votes [16.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.82%

7. Kings in 6 (28 votes [26.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.17%

8. Kings in 7 (8 votes [7.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.48%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#481 Edler0023

Edler0023

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:19 PM

I feel bad for Yotes.

#482 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,217 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:20 PM

I really, really wished he was playing.

Me too, he would have taught brown a lesson
Posted ImagePosted Image
---------------------------------------------------

#483 ftmN

ftmN

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:23 PM

LA Kings must be buying these wins, the stuff they are getting away with is ridiculous. Yes they are the better team but they don't deserve the win. At this point in time I would thing NJD have the best chance to win over the kings as they are playing consistent hockey atm, unlike the NYR.
Posted Image
Thanks to (>'-')> for the sig.

#484 srsface

srsface

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:23 PM

I haven't seen any Canuck taking runs at players every game. Who is this player you speak of?

The definition has definitely changed over the years. When Burrows and Kesler were 3rd liners they were labelled, pests, agitators or rats. They didn't target players but definitely got under the skin of many. Jannik Hansen is known as a rat around the league to other fans.

The guy who didn't even list rats correctly. Bolland is a pest. Brown is a pest. Marchand is a rat.

Edited by srsface, 22 May 2012 - 10:24 PM.

#485 Doc Emerick

Doc Emerick

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:24 PM

NYR is the only team that can take out the Kings now. I just don't think the Devils can do it.

Disagree, Rangers are too slow and they can't hide behind that shot blocking maze forever. Devils are the only team that can match the Kings speed and intense forecheck.

#486 Ryan Murray

Ryan Murray

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:26 PM

I think the Devils could beat the Kings, with their calm play and vintage Martin Broduer!

Go watch golf, Queens fans. You don't know anything about hockey. Except how to buy your way into a game just to meet a celebrity.

Edited by captain_lu, 22 May 2012 - 10:27 PM.

Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#487 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64,673 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:27 PM

Bob McKenzie:

Brown went into hit with wide stance but his track never deviated from straight line and upper body contact was made. Not a classic knee.
Posted Image

#488 treekiller64

treekiller64

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:29 PM

but....but... Lou!....Kes!... Edler|!... AV!.... Refs!... Bettman!... Keith!..... Ice surface in LA!... now it's brown? I am so confused.... who do i hate and blame because there is still no cup in van?

#489 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,217 posts

The definition has definitely changed over the years. When Burrows and Kesler were 3rd liners they were labelled, pests, agitators or rats. They didn't target players but definitely got under the skin of many. Jannik Hansen is known as a rat around the league to other fans.

The guy who didn't even list rats correctly. Bolland is a pest. Brown is a pest. Marchand is a rat.

Regardless of the definition, we don't have a player like brown that will take runs at other players. Which to me is good, I'd rather our players not taking other players out of a game. I prefer having guys like Burrows, Kesler, Lappy, and Hansen. They get under players skin, but don't cheapshot players and try to cause injury.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#490 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,339 posts

So a player skates with his leg out towards another player without any attempt to avoid the hit, and it is deemed accidental?

Should a player not be responsible for his leg just like they're responsible for their elbow or their stick?

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#491 DrWhom

DrWhom

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:50 PM

LA Kings must be buying these wins, the stuff they are getting away with is ridiculous. Yes they are the better team but they don't deserve the win. At this point in time I would thing NJD have the best chance to win over the kings as they are playing consistent hockey atm, unlike the NYR.

NYDevils and NYRangers are pretty much equally inconsistent. win - lose - win - lose.....ok they are consistently inconsistent.
The only way either can beat the Kings is the same way the Bruins beat the Canucks. Referee letting the east bully and intimidate and break backs without penalty while giving out game or series misconducts to the Canucks for clean hits and for getting in the way of the bully's glove etc

#492 Mr. Self Destruct

Mr. Self Destruct

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:54 PM

So many ignorant Kings fans on NHL.com... it's pretty unbelievable.
Fire Bettman.

#493 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,329 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:58 PM

oh no no no no no. Bolland is definitely a rat don't even get me started. If you actually watched him last year in the playoffs, his stick never touched the ice cause he was too busy hacking a slashing the sedins at the hands, ankle, groin, basically anywhere with minimal padding. He was trying to injure them, no doubt about it! Brown has now been promoted to rat status, so congrats to him on his outstanding achievement!

So we have players that chirp? Again, what player doesn't?
Posted Image

Previously:
6OH!4, Doug The Thug Glatt

#494 Guest_BuckFoston_*

Guest_BuckFoston_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:03 PM

Seems like the whole series went sort of like this...

Posted Image

#495 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,217 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:08 PM

How unsurprising...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#496 ftmN

ftmN

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:12 PM

NYDevils and NYRangers are pretty much equally inconsistent. win - lose - win - lose.....ok they are consistently inconsistent.
The only way either can beat the Kings is the same way the Bruins beat the Canucks. Referee letting the east bully and intimidate and break backs without penalty while giving out game or series misconducts to the Canucks for clean hits and for getting in the way of the bully's glove etc

What I meant to say is consistently over the series. NYR haven't really seemed to put together a whole game of good hockey compared to the other teams that should have potentially knocked them out. e.g. the series against the capitals, WC should have won that 4-2 if they things went their way slightly.
Posted Image

#497 Gran Turismo

Gran Turismo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,209 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:13 PM

Not really unbelievable with all the bandwagoning going around. Lakers and Clippers are eliminated after all.
Posted Image

#498 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:16 PM

So much hatred for the Kings on this thread. Just shows how bitter Canuck fans are. Can't even think rationally.

Posted Image

#499 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:22 PM

So much hatred for the Kings on this thread. Just shows how bitter Canuck fans are. Can't even think rationally.

Well we arent exactly going to root for the team that beat us
Posted Image

#500 Canuck or Die

Canuck or Die

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:37 PM

Is there a reason we should be cheering for them or even like them?
EMBRACE THE HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We WILL be drinking from Lord Stanley's Cup soon, Canucks Nation!

Posted Image

#501 Edler0023

Edler0023

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:39 PM

I'm sure Blackhawks fans, Preds fans and Sharks fans were loving us in 2011. C'mon ..

#502 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,217 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:46 PM

Even Spiderman had some troubles with KINGpin. I know it's cheesy but I had to :P
Posted ImagePosted Image

#503 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:52 PM

what brown did was dirty as hell, no matter who you cheer for. if he had done that to a canuck player i'm sure you'd be thinking differently

Edited by Tm085, 22 May 2012 - 11:52 PM.

#504 srsface

srsface

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:53 PM

oh no no no no no. Bolland is definitely a rat don't even get me started. If you actually watched him last year in the playoffs, his stick never touched the ice cause he was too busy hacking a slashing the sedins at the hands, ankle, groin, basically anywhere with minimal padding. He was trying to injure them, no doubt about it! Brown has now been promoted to rat status, so congrats to him on his outstanding achievement!

So we have players that chirp? Again, what player doesn't?

Try again.

#505 NastiMarvasti

NastiMarvasti

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:03 AM

Some of you need to put your hatred of the Kings aside and take a deep breath. Brown did NOT stick out his knee. Watch the reverse angle in slow motion. As McKenzie said, he never deviated from his track and upper body contact was made first. The knee was incidental. Brown is not a dirty player. He dives, yes, but he's never been suspended in his career and it's not because there's a conspiracy. He plays on the line without crossing. If you're mad that it happened after the whistle, it was so close there's no way he could have stopped in time.

As far as the reffing goes, it was bad both ways. Funny how no one mentions all the stuff the Yotes got away with as well. Or their diving or Smith's constant whacks at players. He even whacked Richards after the game winner. The entire Coyotes organization bitched and moaned all series long and I lost a lost of respect for them. Just look at Smith, Doan, and Yandle's post game comments.

Edited by NastiMarvasti, 23 May 2012 - 12:09 AM.

#506 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,822 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:38 AM

I said it after the first round and I'll say it again. The NHL has had big plans for the Kings. I probably should have put some money on them each round.

4VbTWQO.gif[/url]

#507 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:50 AM

Some of you need to put your hatred of the Kings aside and take a deep breath. Brown did NOT stick out his knee.

The point is that he did nothing to attempt to even halfheartedly try and avoid a player that did not have the puck. To me it looked like his first intention was to lean into him with a forearm hit but at the last second realized he wouldn't be able to reach him that way and thought he'd at least get a piece of him anyways by continuing on with his leg, which he knew WOULD make contact somewhere. It should have been a 2 minute penalty minimum.

The fact the Kings won that way puts a stain on the NHL and its officiating already, I hope Shanahan doesn't blow this like he did with Keith and Weber. At least one game in the final. I don't think it was vicious just reckless.

But really both captains are quite similar. Doan was dealt a suspension not long ago for an elbow and just escaped another one a couple of games ago. Brown's hit on Henrik was just barely legal itself both in being late and high. They both are big boys that play on the edge physically especially in the playoffs. Those are the type of captains you need to survive in the playoffs....dare I say.

#508 tera_ha

tera_ha

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:57 AM

Officiating wasn't bad at all in this game. both had their share of power plays. Most of the hatred for kings here is mostly due to the fact that they beat nucks in 5. canucks fans need to get over it and admit that LA was a better team against canucks/coyotes/blues. you don't go up 3-0 in all three series by luck or coincidence.

I can only see devils beating LA. cheering for LA though since LA has never won a cup, longer drought than canucks :emot-parrot:

#509 ftmN

ftmN

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:11 AM

I'm still going to stick with NYD > LA > NYR. I would love to see Brodeur win this playoff series and finish on a high over anyone else remaining.
Posted Image

#510 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,217 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:22 AM

Officiating wasn't bad at all in this game. both had their share of power plays. Most of the hatred for kings here is mostly due to the fact that they beat nucks in 5. canucks fans need to get over it and admit that LA was a better team against canucks/coyotes/blues. you don't go up 3-0 in all three series by luck or coincidence.

I can only see devils beating LA. cheering for LA though since LA has never won a cup, longer drought than canucks :emot-parrot:

Clearly you didn't watch the game.

And that may be true for some, but others, including myself, don't like the kings because of the diving, cheapshots, and whiny attitudes from some of their players.
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.