Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

(Proposal) Change Of Core For 2 Struggling Teams

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,736 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:19 PM

To Anaheim:

Kessel
Lupul
Bozak
2nd
3rd

To Toronto:

Getzlaf
Perry
5th

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
Ryan-Koivu-Selanne

MacArthur-Getzlaf-Perry
Kulemin-Grabovski-Frattin

gives both teams a shake-up

Edited by Henrik Sedin, 07 May 2012 - 11:21 PM.

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#2 Kass

Kass

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:25 PM

Why would Toronto trade Kessel and Lupul? They just started clicking and are playing amazingly together

#3 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • 8,736 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:27 PM

Why would Toronto trade Kessel and Lupul? They just started clicking and are playing amazingly together

Carlyle likes gritty players better. There was an article a few months ago on trading Kessel (An opinion)

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#4 ButterBean

ButterBean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:30 PM

Burke loves to have toughness on his team, you bet your ass he makes that deal in a heartbeat unless he is priding himself too much on the Kessel trade.

#5 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • 8,736 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:31 PM

Burke loves to have toughness on his team, you bet your ass he makes that deal in a heartbeat unless he is priding himself too much on the Kessel trade.

Exactly. Wilson wasn't a fan of those type of players (Perry, Getzlaf) but Carlyle sure is.

2yo50sh.jpg

#6 Florence

Florence

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:35 PM

How many times is Anaheim going to be involved in a Lupul trade? :lol:

ezgifcom-gif-maker_zps756122ce.gif

#7 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • 8,736 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:36 PM

How many times is Anaheim going to be involved in a Lupul trade? :lol:

42?

2yo50sh.jpg

#8 da.moose

da.moose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:38 PM

Lupul has this much value after his first big season?

I'd like to see him do it again before I think his value is anywhere close to the value of Getzlaf, Perry or even Kessel.

#9 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,179 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:40 PM

Anaheim would be foolish to give up two absolutely beastly cornerstone players in Getzlaf and Perry. Bozak is nowhere near ready to take over the #1 line position outright, Toronto kind of did it by committee (Grabovski 51 points, Bozak 47, Connolly 36) and even as individuals I don't think Lupul/ Kessel/ Bozak are ready to dominate games the way that Getzlaf and Perry do.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#10 underrated

underrated

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:58 PM

Toronto would rob the Ducks with this deal. Lupul was traded for nothing from them. Sure he turned out to have chemistry with Kessel but is no where near the value of Perry or Getzlaf. He just had a good year.

#11 BoKnows53

BoKnows53

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:05 AM

Throw in Kadri and Gardiner to even up the deal.

#12 Florence

Florence

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:08 AM

Lupul has this much value after his first big season?

I'd like to see him do it again before I think his value is anywhere close to the value of Getzlaf, Perry or even Kessel.

IMO if Lupul hadn't had such major health concerns he would be seen as one of the NHL's best well rounded wingers. The only thing that has held him back has been the injuries. Before this season his last healthy season was 2007 with Philadelphia which was going even better then his current season until his own teammate Derian Hatcher destroyed him. Struggled through injures the next two season never looked the same then went to the Ducks where his back flared up and led to those freakish career threatening setbacks.

Durability is the only reason I would see Lupul's value taking a hit. If I was Anaheim I wouldn't take the risk at the expense of both Getzlaf and Perry but his value may be higher then most people think with his back issues appearing to be in the rear view mirror.

Posted Image

ezgifcom-gif-maker_zps756122ce.gif

#13 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,084 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:52 AM

Carlyle couldn't get Getzlaf and Perry going in Anaheim, so what makes you think he could do it in Toronto?

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.