The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Would You Keep Or Get Rid Of On Our Team Moving Forward In The Next 2 Years

nucklehead2

For me it is pretty simple.

Replace Raymond, or figure out how to keep him on his skates, Qualify Schneider, and figure out who of Bitz, Volpatti, Weiss, Ebbett, Oreo, Pinner, Duco, Mancari you want on the fourth line. Best Hockey Skills wins...no need to carry a boxer to center ice every game so he can toss a couple punches a month. Pahlsson is worth more than we as fans give credit for: specially after the Vancouver Sun says he won't be back for the Canucks..this morning of all times...I say management knew what they were getting, and got it. Perhaps cheaper, but he should be back. At D, please one more year at least from Salo, and obviously sign Gragnani, no Rome required.

I figure, if there is no superdeal for either goalie right away: Qualify Schneider and take the picks if he is offer sheeted over 3m, this may take time to sort out.

For me it is pretty simple.

Replace Raymond, or figure out how to keep him on his skates, Qualify Schneider, and figure out who of Bitz, Volpatti, Weiss, Ebbett, Oreo, Pinner, Duco, Mancari you want on the fourth line. Best Hockey Skills wins...no need to carry a boxer to center ice every game so he can toss a couple punches a month. Pahlsson is worth more than we as fans give credit for: specially after the Vancouver Sun says he won't be back for the Canucks..this morning of all times...I say management knew what they were getting, and got it. Perhaps cheaper, but he should be back. At D, please one more year at least from Salo, and obviously sign Gragnani, no Rome required.

I figure, if there is no superdeal for either goalie right away: Qualify Schneider and take the picks if he is offer sheeted over 3m, this may take time to sort out.

Why is everyone going on about Parise.............he's not big, he's not someone who will "step up" and he plays on the left. Smacks of classic lack of focus.

We need a Perry / Backes type.

Two years is an eternity. Even good teams have close to 20% turnover rate from year to year.

For the upcoming year:

The easy calls:

Luango - trade him over Schneids absent mammoth return

Ballard - if he doesn't get top 5 ice time he should be dealt

Raymond - flip for anything

Salo - let him go, bring in new blood via trade or from within

Weiss - look for upgrade on the fourth line (2 positions available assuming Malhotra with his NT stays)

The daring move:

Edler - trade for a top pairing, franchise type D man

Kesler - not likely to happen now with his injury

My only untouchables are Sedins and Hamhuis. The other players, save Booth, are all cost effective and should be parted with only if their addition would bring in a marquee player as part of a large trade.

Burrows and Edler are definitely going to stay. Higgins and Lappy bring a lot to the table but could be forced out by other players we bring up from the minors or new players we sign. I think we could keep them both for an extra year after their existing contracts and then as much as I would hate to see them leave, we may have to find them a new home.

It all depends on how the players themselves and the players around them play. You play good and you like the team/city you stay. You don't perform like you should or (obviously) request a trade you going to be gone.

Archived