The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Would You Keep Or Get Rid Of On Our Team Moving Forward In The Next 2 Years

nucklehead2

I dont see a major overhaul,but I do see a significant tweak..I would'nt be surprised to see Edler or Kesler get traded for something equally significant coming this way (although keslers surgery would make it tougher).It sounds far fetched,but you only have to look at the big Flyers/LA trade ..it helped both teams in the long run.

Get rid of: Raymond, Malhotra, Booth, Luongo, Bieksa

This was my proposed 2013-14 team: (Salary cap at $71 million)

Sedin (6.1) - Sedin (6.1) - Kesler (5)

Hartnell (5) - Getzlaf (6) - Perry (6)

Burrows (4.5) - Schroeder (1) - Higgins (2.5)

Kassian (.9) - Lapierre (1.4) - Hansen (1.1)

Edler (4.75) - Weber (7.135)

Hamhuis (4.5) - Tanev (.9)

Connauton (.9) - Klein (2)

Schneider (3.5)

Lack (.9)

Get some size and grit up front like a Ryan Clowe to play on the 2nd or 3rd line. David Jones would be a nice piece to play with Kassian or Stewart from St Louis. Need a big chunk of meat on the back end and that is probably the hardest piece to get. Lastly get rid of the whinning and diving culture on this team even if it means getting rid of Kesler and Burrows and Lappiere. Start with sitting those guys if they pull that crap.

Keep all except Alberts, Rome, rinprecht, Ballard. I think it is time to start really developing the young guys by actually giving them some playing time, could you imagine having some one like Couturier in Philly and not giving him any NHL experience until he was 24 or 25, brutal, wake up MG!!!

Schneider (3.5)

Lack (.9)

Schneider (3.5)

Lack (.9)

This is what I hope the roster will kinda looks like for the 2013-14 season

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) /----------- Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) /--------------------- Burrows New Contract ($3.250m)

David Booth ($4.250m) /----------- Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) /----------------------- Higgins New Contract ($2.350m)

Zack Kassian ($0.870m) /---------- Schroeder New Contract ($1.500m) /--- Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Fighter ???????? ($0.900m) /-- Lapierre New Contract ($1.500m) /------ Nicklas Jensen ($0.925m)

Steven Anthony ($0.577m)

DEFENSEMEN

????????? ???????? ($6.100m) /---------- Edler New Contract ($4.750m)

Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) /---------------------- Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)

Tanev New Contract ($1.750m) /--------- Gragnani New Contract ($1.150m)

Connauton New Contract ($1.250m) /--- Rome New Contract ($1.000m)

GOALTENDERS

Schneider New Contract ($3.250m)

Lack New Contract ($1.250m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,271,667; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $28,333

Edit- Luongo trade brings the canucks back a stud dman or 2-3 picks and prospects

This is what I hope the roster will kinda looks like for the 2013-14 season

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) /----------- Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) /--------------------- Burrows New Contract ($3.250m)

David Booth ($4.250m) /----------- Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) /----------------------- Higgins New Contract ($2.350m)

Zack Kassian ($0.870m) /---------- Schroeder New Contract ($1.500m) /--- Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Fighter ???????? ($0.900m) /-- Lapierre New Contract ($1.500m) /------ Nicklas Jensen ($0.925m)

Steven Anthony ($0.577m)

DEFENSEMEN

????????? ???????? ($6.100m) /---------- Edler New Contract ($4.750m)

Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) /---------------------- Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)

Tanev New Contract ($1.750m) /--------- Gragnani New Contract ($1.150m)

Connauton New Contract ($1.250m) /--- Rome New Contract ($1.000m)

GOALTENDERS

Schneider New Contract ($3.250m)

Lack New Contract ($1.250m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,271,667; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $28,333

Edit- Luongo trade brings the canucks back a stud dman or 2-3 picks and prospects

So Kesler, who has a no trade clause that comes into effect this July, and has a contract that pays him 5 million per year and runs until 2015/16 won't be here in the 2013/14 season and not on the 2nd line?

If he isn't traded this offseason, then you're probably wrong. He'll likely be here, and likely be on the 2nd line or possibly 1st, since if he is here, we're not paying him 5 million to be anywhere other than the top 6... Reality isn't so bad, you should try looking into it sometime.

So Kesler, who has a no trade clause that comes into effect this July, and has a contract that pays him 5 million per year and runs until 2015/16 won't be here in the 2013/14 season and not on the 2nd line?

If he isn't traded this offseason, then you're probably wrong. He'll likely be here, and likely be on the 2nd line or possibly 1st, since if he is here, we're not paying him 5 million to be anywhere other than the top 6... Reality isn't so bad, you should try looking into it sometime.

....He was paid 5 million last season for at least 3 games on the 3rd line Booth was also paid 4.5 or 6 to play on the 3rd line.So that point is invalid.On another note he was paid 5 million for his pathetic showing for the last 2months and playoff no show.So please tell me how was that better than putting him where he belonged on the 3rd line and possibly getting a good defensive game from him at best.

Oh ! he was injured you may say.Then he shouldn't have been taking a roster spot he was unable to fullfill

....He was paid 5 million last season for at least 3 games on the 3rd line Booth was also paid 4.5 or 6 to play on the 3rd line.So that point is invalid.On another note he was paid 5 million for his pathetic showing for the last 2months and playoff no show.So please tell me how was that better than putting him where he belonged on the 3rd line and possibly getting a good defensive game from him at best.

Oh ! he was injured you may say.Then he shouldn't have been taking a roster spot he was unable to fullfill

Archived