Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Who Would You Keep Or Get Rid Of On Our Team Moving Forward In The Next 2 Years

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
64 replies to this topic

#61 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,065 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:53 AM

For me it is pretty simple.
Replace Raymond, or figure out how to keep him on his skates, Qualify Schneider, and figure out who of Bitz, Volpatti, Weiss, Ebbett, Oreo, Pinner, Duco, Mancari you want on the fourth line. Best Hockey Skills wins...no need to carry a boxer to center ice every game so he can toss a couple punches a month. Pahlsson is worth more than we as fans give credit for: specially after the Vancouver Sun says he won't be back for the Canucks..this morning of all times...I say management knew what they were getting, and got it. Perhaps cheaper, but he should be back. At D, please one more year at least from Salo, and obviously sign Gragnani, no Rome required.

I figure, if there is no superdeal for either goalie right away: Qualify Schneider and take the picks if he is offer sheeted over 3m, this may take time to sort out.

Edited by Primal Optimist, 11 May 2012 - 10:53 AM.

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg
CDC GM League small.png General Manager

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#62 nucklehead2

nucklehead2

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:53 AM

For me it is pretty simple.
Replace Raymond, or figure out how to keep him on his skates, Qualify Schneider, and figure out who of Bitz, Volpatti, Weiss, Ebbett, Oreo, Pinner, Duco, Mancari you want on the fourth line. Best Hockey Skills wins...no need to carry a boxer to center ice every game so he can toss a couple punches a month. Pahlsson is worth more than we as fans give credit for: specially after the Vancouver Sun says he won't be back for the Canucks..this morning of all times...I say management knew what they were getting, and got it. Perhaps cheaper, but he should be back. At D, please one more year at least from Salo, and obviously sign Gragnani, no Rome required.

I figure, if there is no superdeal for either goalie right away: Qualify Schneider and take the picks if he is offer sheeted over 3m, this may take time to sort out.

I agree with qualifying schneider.... even though he deserves a long term deal this season. There isnt alot out there as far as free agents, but we do need some defence

#63 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:56 PM

Why is everyone going on about Parise.............he's not big, he's not someone who will "step up" and he plays on the left. Smacks of classic lack of focus.
We need a Perry / Backes type.
Kevin.jpg

#64 Trelane42

Trelane42

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:41 PM

Two years is an eternity. Even good teams have close to 20% turnover rate from year to year.

For the upcoming year:

The easy calls:
Luango - trade him over Schneids absent mammoth return
Ballard - if he doesn't get top 5 ice time he should be dealt
Raymond - flip for anything
Salo - let him go, bring in new blood via trade or from within
Weiss - look for upgrade on the fourth line (2 positions available assuming Malhotra with his NT stays)

The daring move:
Edler - trade for a top pairing, franchise type D man
Kesler - not likely to happen now with his injury

My only untouchables are Sedins and Hamhuis. The other players, save Booth, are all cost effective and should be parted with only if their addition would bring in a marquee player as part of a large trade.

#65 Burnsey

Burnsey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:11 AM

Burrows and Edler are definitely going to stay. Higgins and Lappy bring a lot to the table but could be forced out by other players we bring up from the minors or new players we sign. I think we could keep them both for an extra year after their existing contracts and then as much as I would hate to see them leave, we may have to find them a new home.

It all depends on how the players themselves and the players around them play. You play good and you like the team/city you stay. You don't perform like you should or (obviously) request a trade you going to be gone.

team-canada-jarome-iginla-photo.jpg

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.