The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Kesler Out Upto 6 Months After Shoulder Surgery

hockeyville88

From the Canucks

Media Release - Ryan Kesler has successful shoulder surgery to repair torn labrum. #Canucks

Vancouver, B.C. - Vancouver Canucks President and General Manager Mike Gillis announced today that centre Ryan Kesler had successful shoulder surgery to repair torn labrum.

“After consultation with our team physicians following the playoffs, it was deemed that Ryan would require a procedure on his shoulder,” said President and General Manager, Mike Gillis. “We expect a full recovery and determined this procedure would best serve both Ryan and the team’s long term goals.”

Farhan Lalji

#canucks announce Kesler has shoulder (labrum) surgery. Full recovery expected in SIX months. Guessing he wont push to come back early again

So sounds like he'll miss the start of next season again :(

Hopefully this means he'll be back to 100% health when he returns. A healthy Kes = a productive Kes and a productive Kes = a happy fanbase :)

Happy healing!

This is horrible news. Now he's going to miss another full summer of training, and have another write off season next year...

Lets hope they keep him out a couple months after he's healed so that he can get back into form.

Lets hope Schroeder is ready, otherwise we might need to look for a second line centre.

damn, this means another offseason of rehab instead of training. He repeatedly credited his Selke + 40-goal season to his offseason, I remember hearing every game about his "100 shots a day" making his wrist shot lethal. I was really thinking he could get close to that this year but I don't see it now. If he doesn't rush himself hopefully he'll have his legs and can get back into Selke talk but I personally don't think he'll be scoring over 25 (looks like he'll miss at least the first month).

Archived