233 replies to this topic

#91 nowhereman

nowhereman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:16 PM

I have to question why Kesler didn't have surgery before. Why would the Canucks let him play through an injury like this? By delaying the surgery until the season ended it now affects next season as well. If he had the surgery in February he's be ready for the start of next season.

Meanwhile, that would have destroyed any chance the Canucks had of making a run at the playoffs. I'm sure Vancouver could care less about October and November.
Posted Image

#92 froskii

froskii

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:16 PM

And he didnt make excuses...what a warrior.

Too bad he won't be able to train this off-season though. Next year could be similar to this past year for Kesler because of this.

All the best in your recovery Kes!

It won't be as bad as last summer with the hip surgery atleast and can still skate and run he will be in better shape this fall then last year.

#93 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:17 PM

At least Cody Hodgs....

Nevermind!

1zf4oy1.jpg

#94 gradin123

gradin123

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:21 PM

I have to say I don't like the way the Canucks handled this injury. It seems to me there is two possible explanations for why Kesler played through this rather serious injury.

1. The Canucks did not properly diagnose Kesler's injury right right away. Cody Hodgson's camp says hi.

2. If they did did properly diagnose it they made a really bad judgement call in letting him play through it. He was completely ineffective after the injury and now by delaying the surgery if will effect next year as well.

#95 gradin123

gradin123

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:21 PM

Meanwhile, that would have destroyed any chance the Canucks had of making a run at the playoffs. I'm sure Vancouver could care less about October and November.

He helped their playoff run? Sorry I couldn't tell. They could have kept Cody if Ryan went down. Ryan was completely ineffective so they ruined their playoff chances anyways by playing Ryan hurt and trading Cody who could have ate some of Kesler's minutes.

Edited by gradin123, 08 May 2012 - 02:23 PM.

#96 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

Edited by Sven Baertschi, 08 May 2012 - 02:22 PM.

1zf4oy1.jpg

#97 ronthecivil

ronthecivil

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,683 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

He has to stop being so selfish and playing injured because its killing the team right now. Another missed training camp and missing start of the regular season is not good news for the Canucks who no longer have great depth at center ice. We don't have another offensive center to fill that void unless Schroeder can really shine...

Looks like MG might have to go out of his way to find a offensive centerman, otherwise I'd like to see this:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Lapierre - Booth
Kassian - Pahlsson - Hansen
Bitz - Malhotra - Weise

What should he have done, get shoulder surgery mid season? It should be trying to get out there as much as possible.

Now the wisdom of the coaches letting him? That's another story.....

#98 HX833

HX833

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:26 PM

This could possibly be a blessing in disguise. Remember that in 2010-2011 we had a lot of guys out recovering from injuries for a good chunk of the season. It meant we were better rested for the playoffs.

#99 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,496 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

6 months,
Wow

Schroeder might get a shot at the beginning of the season.

Hopefully they don't rush him back
Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#100 gradin123

gradin123

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

What should he have done, get shoulder surgery mid season? It should be trying to get out there as much as possible.

Now the wisdom of the coaches letting him? That's another story.....

That's not the coach's call. It is the medical staff's, player's and GM's call. A torn labrum is a real serious injury and should have been dealt with immediately. Whether the Canucks properly diagnosed it right away is answer question.

#101 ronthecivil

ronthecivil

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,683 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:29 PM

Well this just means that some young prospect may finally get a chance.
Maybe this time off will give Kes a chance to get rid of his EGO!

Since when do young prospects get a change under Vigneaults watch?!?

#102 ChroniK

ChroniK

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:29 PM

Another summer with no training....=\

#103 ronthecivil

ronthecivil

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,683 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:30 PM

That's not the coach's call. It is the medical staff's, player's and GM's call. A torn labrum is a real serious injury and should have been dealt with immediately. Whether the Canucks properly diagnosed it right away is answer question.

Do you honestly think they would have given him shoulder surgery mid season?

#104 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:31 PM

It's not like he made a impact in the playoffs, anyway.

We would have kept Hodgson and he would have replaced Kesler.

Posted Image

Made by the multiple personality of Twilight Sparkle.

#105 ronthecivil

ronthecivil

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,683 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:31 PM

Another summer with no training....=\

He can at least ride a bike and keep cardio up I am sure.

#106 TVank15

TVank15

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:33 PM

Honestly, i'm kind of happy about this, Kesler will finally have a healthy shoulder (if he doesn't come back too early again), and hopefully this will give Schroeder the chance to play and show us what he is made of at the NHL level.
Posted Image
Thanks to 23Qwerty

#107 SwedishCrowns

SwedishCrowns

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

Alright guys. I have your solution now for the Canucks.

To Tampa Bay:
R.Luongo
K.Ballard
M.Raymond
J.Schroeder/ S.Salo
+4 Million cash bonus

To Vancouver:
S.Stamkos
V.Hedman
Mattias Ohlund

Reason:
Trade Luongo because he is getting old and he let us down too many times and we all hate him
Trade Raymond because he is clumsy, useless, fragile and a crybaby. He doesn't fit anywhere in our organization. We tried the 1st line and it doesn't work, 2nd-- NO cause Amex line rules, 3rd line(checking) he can't check for sh*t,4th line-- He can't hit for sh*t as well. He can't play D, mind as well make him a Goalie ::D jokes!
Trade K.Ballard because he is a cap bust, expensive 3rd D pair. bad puck handling and bad determination.
Trade J.Schroeder because he is too short, too small, and not NHL ready. We want what is best for the franchise AT THE MOMENT, not the future. I don't have a lifetime to watch them win the Stanley Cup
Trade Salo because he is trillion injures, He's old and unreliable. If he retires, than too bad but if he doesn't. Sighn him a 2 or 1 year contract and then trade him.

Acquire Stamkos because he is decent at faceoffs. Has a lethal 1 timer and a lethal wrist shot. Plays clean hockey and has explosive speed UNLIKE Raymond who only has speed but no shot. 60+ goal scorer can really help this organization.

Acquire Hedman because he has played with Sedins and would probably have great chemistry. He has a big body and would be awesome as a 3rd D man. Would love him in Vancouver

Aquire Ohlund because he is a forever Canuck. Loves Vancity and has great defensive responsibility. Would be a awesome upgrade from Salo

Lines After Trade
Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Stamkos Tambellini
Hansen Pahlson Malhotra
Ott Lapiere Weise

Bieksa / Hamhuis
Elder / Ohlund
Hedman / Tanev

Power-Play 1
Sedin-Stamkos-Sedin
Edler / Hedman

Power Play 2
Higgins - Burrows - Booth
Bieksa / Ohlund or Tanev

PK1
Pahlson/ Malhotra
Bieksa / Hamhuis

PK 2
Higgins / Burrows
Ohlund / Hedman

4vs4
Sedin Sedin
Ohlund, Edler

4vs42
Stamkos/ Tambellini
Bieksa/ Hamhuis

3 vs 3
Tambellini
Edler/ Hedman

3vs3(2)
Hansen
Ohlund/Bieksa

SO
Tambellini
Edler
Burrows
Stamkos
Ohlund
:towel:

Last day before trade deadline, Trade Stamkos to NYI for 1st + 2nd draft pick becuase he is too expensive and rest Kesler until trade deadline. WE ALL WANT A HEALTH KESLER TO GO BEAST MODE. When Kesler is ready. We will put him throught hardcore training to train him as if we were going to train him in the offseason.

MY PLAN WORKS. MG YOU BETTER READ THIS :canucks:

GO CANUCKS GO

#108 Spencer Drew

Spencer Drew

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

Well, it looks like my Kesler for Getzlaf proposal is out the window now lol

:picard:
Posted Image

#109 gradin123

gradin123

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:35 PM

Do you honestly think they would have given him shoulder surgery mid season?

When guys get significant injuries they get surgery it happens in professional sports all the time. A Torn Labrum is not the type of injury one should play through other than maybe a few games in the playoffs. If the Canucks made another long run he would have played through it for 5 months? That is not proper.

#110 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,382 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:42 PM

sit him till january. he should have not come back early this year. AV/new coach/gillis grow a pair and tell kesler he is not playing until january
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#111 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,134 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:44 PM

To Tampa Bay:
R.Luongo
K.Ballard
M.Raymond
J.Schroeder/ S.Salo
+4 Million cash bonus

To Vancouver:
S.Stamkos
V.Hedman
Mattias Ohlund

Reason:
Trade Luongo because he is getting old and he let us down too many times and we all hate him
Trade Raymond because he is clumsy, useless, fragile and a crybaby. He doesn't fit anywhere in our organization. We tried the 1st line and it doesn't work, 2nd-- NO cause Amex line rules, 3rd line(checking) he can't check for sh*t,4th line-- He can't hit for sh*t as well. He can't play D, mind as well make him a Goalie ::D jokes!
Trade K.Ballard because he is a cap bust, expensive 3rd D pair. bad puck handling and bad determination.
Trade J.Schroeder because he is too short, too small, and not NHL ready. We want what is best for the franchise AT THE MOMENT, not the future. I don't have a lifetime to watch them win the Stanley Cup
Trade Salo because he is trillion injures, He's old and unreliable. If he retires, than too bad but if he doesn't. Sighn him a 2 or 1 year contract and then trade him.

Acquire Stamkos because he is decent at faceoffs. Has a lethal 1 timer and a lethal wrist shot. Plays clean hockey and has explosive speed UNLIKE Raymond who only has speed but no shot. 60+ goal scorer can really help this organization.

Acquire Hedman because he has played with Sedins and would probably have great chemistry. He has a big body and would be awesome as a 3rd D man. Would love him in Vancouver

Aquire Ohlund because he is a forever Canuck. Loves Vancity and has great defensive responsibility. Would be a awesome upgrade from Salo

Lines After Trade
Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Stamkos Tambellini
Hansen Pahlson Malhotra
Ott Lapiere Weise

Bieksa / Hamhuis
Elder / Ohlund
Hedman / Tanev

Power-Play 1
Sedin-Stamkos-Sedin
Edler / Hedman

Power Play 2
Bieksa / Ohlund or Tanev

PK1
Pahlson/ Malhotra
Bieksa / Hamhuis

PK 2
Higgins / Burrows
Ohlund / Hedman

4vs4
Sedin Sedin
Ohlund, Edler

4vs42
Stamkos/ Tambellini
Bieksa/ Hamhuis

3 vs 3
Tambellini
Edler/ Hedman

3vs3(2)
Hansen
Ohlund/Bieksa

SO
Tambellini
Edler
Burrows
Stamkos
Ohlund

Last day before trade deadline, Trade Stamkos to NYI for 1st + 2nd draft pick becuase he is too expensive and rest Kesler until trade deadline. WE ALL WANT A HEALTH KESLER TO GO BEAST MODE. When Kesler is ready. We will put him throught hardcore training to train him as if we were going to train him in the offseason.

GO CANUCKS GO

I don't even know where to start with this one.
Posted Image

#112 ronthecivil

ronthecivil

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,683 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:44 PM

To Tampa Bay:
R.Luongo
K.Ballard
M.Raymond
J.Schroeder/ S.Salo
+4 Million cash bonus

To Vancouver:
S.Stamkos
V.Hedman
Mattias Ohlund

Reason:

Lines After Trade
Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Stamkos Tambellini
Hansen Pahlson Malhotra
Ott Lapiere Weise

Bieksa / Hamhuis
Elder / Ohlund
Hedman / Tanev

Power-Play 1
Sedin-Stamkos-Sedin
Edler / Hedman

Power Play 2
Bieksa / Ohlund or Tanev

PK1
Pahlson/ Malhotra
Bieksa / Hamhuis

PK 2
Higgins / Burrows
Ohlund / Hedman

4vs4
Sedin Sedin
Ohlund, Edler

4vs42
Stamkos/ Tambellini
Bieksa/ Hamhuis

3 vs 3
Tambellini
Edler/ Hedman

3vs3(2)
Hansen
Ohlund/Bieksa

SO
Tambellini
Edler
Burrows
Stamkos
Ohlund

GO CANUCKS GO

That's a lot of effort put into a trade that would never happen. Stamkos ain't going anywhere.

Your plan only works if we get to get Stevie Y liquored before the trade deal and even then it's doubtful.

#113 ronthecivil

ronthecivil

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,683 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:47 PM

Honestly, i'm kind of happy about this, Kesler will finally have a healthy shoulder (if he doesn't come back too early again), and hopefully this will give Schroeder the chance to play and show us what he is made of at the NHL level.

So what do we do if the answer turns out to be "not much" and Vigneault does his traditional rookie initiation, staples him to the bench, and tosses his favorite plug de jour in his place?

I sure hope I am wrong but I doubt I am.

#114 ronthecivil

ronthecivil

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,683 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:49 PM

When guys get significant injuries they get surgery it happens in professional sports all the time. A Torn Labrum is not the type of injury one should play through other than maybe a few games in the playoffs. If the Canucks made another long run he would have played through it for 5 months? That is not proper.

I hear what you're saying don't worry. Heck, had they been more cautious in the first place and let him be 100% back to speed hip wise maybe he is agile enough to avoid getting hit in the first place and the shoulder is fine. Burning the rest of the season and playoffs in one thing but rushing back to start the season is another entirely.....

#115 aliboy

aliboy

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,501 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:53 PM

That's a lot of effort put into a trade that would never happen. Stamkos ain't going anywhere.

Your plan only works if we get to get Stevie Y liquored before the trade deal and even then it's doubtful.

No, you mean liquored and photos with a hooker. lol
MG doesn't admit his mistakes. Be afraid! Be very afraid!!

#116 Wonderine

Wonderine

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:53 PM

Recover well KES we need you. Enjoy the summer and be well.

Get off the depth problem posters, the Nucks have it handled. Stop replacing greatness with mediocrity. Have faith that all will be well.

NUFF SAID

#117 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:56 PM

Bad news yes, but it's what he deserves for trying to hero it a whole season injured, and it's a lesson learned.

Posted Image

"You know what my favourite Super Bowl is? The next one."

- Tom Brady

#118 Toews

Toews

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:56 PM

Anybody who's actually advocating for Jordan Schroeder to step in as a second line center obviously does not watch him play.

#119 Ronning4center

Ronning4center

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

And he didnt make excuses...what a warrior.

Too bad he won't be able to train this off-season though. Next year could be similar to this past year for Kesler because of this.

All the best in your recovery Kes!

I think you said it man....we've seen this with both kesler and Malholtra.....if they dont have a full camp of conditioning and practice they don't come back up to game speed. I'd say we can stop the webber threads and start the Nash, Parise ones.....we are going to be desperate for scoring with kes out.

Edited by Ronning4center, 08 May 2012 - 02:58 PM.

#120 gradin123

gradin123

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:00 PM

Anybody who's actually advocating for Jordan Schroeder to step in as a second line center obviously does not watch him play.

Agreed. This might give him a better shot to make the roster but he may very well have a hard time adjusting to the NHL with his lack of size and it is not like he was lighting up the AHL either.

I think they have to go hard after UFA Chris Kelly now. They need a proven NHL center who can fill in on the 2nd line until Kesler returns.

Edited by gradin123, 08 May 2012 - 03:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.