The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can We Win A Stanley Cup Before Our Centennial Of Winning The First One?

Ghostsof1915

Next season will be the 2013 Stanley Cup, two years prior to our 100th Anniversary of a Vancouver team winning the only Stanley Cup in the cities history (Yes I know the two teams are not related).

So with uncertainty on the direction of our franchise. The simple question is.

Do you think the Canucks can win a Stanley Cup prior to or by 2015?

Yay? Nay?

Next season will be the 2013 Stanley Cup, two years prior to our 100th Anniversary of a Vancouver team winning the only Stanley Cup in the cities history (Yes I know the two teams are not related).

Yay? Nay?

Yay? Nay?

If there's a year to win it, it would have been this year. Darn, they're not the President's trophy winner 2 years in a row for nothing. Why, why, why!!!! Aaargh!!! After the first round, there were no Red Wings, Blackhawks, Bruins, Sharks, Penguins! Aaaargh!! I'm still not over it! Imagine Kings or Coyotes representing the west in SCF? Aaargh!

:picard:

It seems you need an elite #1 D man to win a cup, so unless Gillis gets us that then no, or if Edler can take the next step up and become that guy. We need Weber, very badly, but we also need some more toughness and grit in the top 6 which will be a tough job to do with many spots already taken up Sedin, Sedin, Burrows, Kesler and Booth.

Archived