The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Replaces Kesler?

Mandango

Hey guys,

I was just wondering on your thoughts as to who will replace Kesler as the 2nd line center. In my opinion I would like to give Schroeder a chance like we did Hodgson. However this really depends on if he shows he is NHL ready during pre-season. Should he not preform to expectations I think Lapierre could hold the fort down until Kesler gets back.

Your thoughts?

1. It's highly probable that he won't miss any games.

2. Even if he does, it will be 10, tops.

3. During that time we'll see a mish-mash of veteran players and prospects given shots until his return.

4. The available mish-mash of players available depends on what Gillis does during the summer. Heck, Kesler's NTC doesn't kick in until next season. Maybe he'll be dumped in an epic swap for Dion Phaneuf. Cheers.

TOML

Lappy will.....AV won't let a youngster step up right away - a good Hodgson couldn't even get up there, so it'll likely be a veteran player and Lappy is the perfect guy.

Who will fill in for Kesler though? I'm guessing Jensen will get called up for sure to start the year, and Schroeder will play games here and there while Jensen becomes a regular, at least as long as Kesler is out for.

keslers missing important ice time..with the team again. he won't be coming back to center the second line he'll most likely stick to a wing..with the hip and shoulder..my god whatta shame were gonna miss out on full potential again from this guy..i feel a trade coming, for some d. higgins will probably put the second line on his back bringing ebbett in for the fourth line and leaving lappy or pahlsson on the third. whatta shame, pure talent going to waste.

1. It's highly probable that he won't miss any games.

2. Even if he does, it will be 10, tops.

3. During that time we'll see a mish-mash of veteran players and prospects given shots until his return.

4. The available mish-mash of players available depends on what Gillis does during the summer. Heck, Kesler's NTC doesn't kick in until next season. Maybe he'll be dumped in an epic swap for Dion Phaneuf. Cheers.

TOML

I am sure Gillis will think of something, no need to hash up something that is months away. We dont know who we are going to get or let go in the offseason. We still have trades to be made, draft picks to be made, and guys signed or not. So yeah. This is pointless. I know everyone is bored and they are looking for something to do...but its too early.

Archived