The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Replaces Kesler?

Mandango

We WILL have a new key body in camp who is a center, via trade or free agency. Plus Schroeder pushing for a spot & we already have Lapierre & Malhotra who will both be here.

Gaustad?

Bolland as part of Lou trade?

???

Unless we sign someone different...

Possibly Ebbett gets a chance.. Maybe Reinprecht if we have the cap room...

Sedin

Ebbett/Reinprecht/UFA

Malhotra

Lappy

If Malhotra can't handle the third line again, switch him with Lappy

I was on your Maple Laughs site; plenty of Leaf fans who would be happy to trade Phaneuf for Lou.

I would do it at our end, as long as we got a good prospect back also to value up against taking Phaneuf's crappy contract, which has a sick cap value! :rolleyes:

edit; but doubt Kesler is sold off Mike Richards / Carter style. We do not have a Giroux behind Kess to make trading him possible. That idea is just plain stupid!

1. It's highly probable that he won't miss any games.

2. Even if he does, it will be 10, tops.

3. During that time we'll see a mish-mash of veteran players and prospects given shots until his return.

4. The available mish-mash of players available depends on what Gillis does during the summer. Heck, Kesler's NTC doesn't kick in until next season. Maybe he'll be dumped in an epic swap for Dion Phaneuf. Cheers.

TOML

Unless we sign someone different...

Possibly Ebbett gets a chance.. Maybe Reinprecht if we have the cap room...

Sedin

Ebbett/Reinprecht/UFA

Malhotra

Lappy

If Malhotra can't handle the third line again, switch him with Lappy

I think it is almost a certainty that they move up one of our existing centres and then give Jensen 9 games up in the big leagues.

They need to see what they have in him, because it is quite possible that sending him down to junior is not going to help his development and he can't go to the AHL yet.

It actually works out pretty well.

We could also have a PTO centre who we give a look to.

Jensen already has 6 goals for the Wolves Provost! :rolleyes:

If Jensen is not with the Canucks next year, and I'm betting he will be, he most certainly will be on the Wolves.

I think it is almost a certainty that they move up one of our existing centres and then give Jensen 9 games up in the big leagues.

They need to see what they have in him, because it is quite possible that sending him down to junior is not going to help his development and he can't go to the AHL yet.

It actually works out pretty well.

We could also have a PTO centre who we give a look to.

Lappy will.....AV won't let a youngster step up right away - a good Hodgson couldn't even get up there, so it'll likely be a veteran player and Lappy is the perfect guy.

Who will fill in for Kesler though? I'm guessing Jensen will get called up for sure to start the year, and Schroeder will play games here and there while Jensen becomes a regular, at least as long as Kesler is out for.

Archived