The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Replaces Kesler?

Mandango

Guest Dasein

Schroeder is ready IMO.

He produced at a higher pace than Cody in the AHL this season than Cody did before making the jump. He's a year behind Cody in development (drafted a year after) so I would say that Schroeder, after a good summer training, will be ready.

Hey guys,

I was just wondering on your thoughts as to who will replace Kesler as the 2nd line center. In my opinion I would like to give Schroeder a chance like we did Hodgson. However this really depends on if he shows he is NHL ready during pre-season. Should he not preform to expectations I think Lapierre could hold the fort down until Kesler gets back.

Your thoughts?

Guest Dasein

Kesler is not, and never will be an effective Centre but he would make a heck of a right winger (that is if we give him a Centre who knows how to feed him the puck). It should be plainly obvious that he is most effective on the wing where he can use his speed and size along the boards. Why Management is oblivious to this is a complete and utter mystery to me!! Maybe one day the penny will drop. (counter argument that he is good in the face off circle doesnt hold water - he can still take face offs if need be - hopefully his Centre will be good at face offs too).

Roasted I am, Dang! :shock:

I believe that he is only allowed to join the Wolves when his junior team's season is done. There are age restrictions when you have to be sent back to junior rather than the AHL.

I believe that you need to be turning 20 by the end of the calender year in which the season starts to be able to go to the AHL.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

WTF he won a Selke at center, and he is great in the middle. Just because he'll also be good at wing, doesn't mean we should put him there. He plays better at center and we need him more at center.

It is plain obvious you don't understand hockey at all. Hence, it doesn't come to me a surprise that you find this to be a complete and utter mystery.

lapierre will definetly b eour third s long as vigneault gives him a couple of games to gain chemistry he should be solid there they will also either put higgins or lapierre as the second line center. but vigneault better give lapierre a chance and not demote him after one bad game or else he will ruin his confidence.

I love lapierre cant wait to see the faces he makes next playoffs.

Archived