The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Replaces Kesler?

Mandango

This could be your best post ever Down Unda! Spot on!

Gonna get ugly, this is why we needed Hodgson and why Hodgson needed us - he would have gotten his turn eventually if he was more patient and less selfish.

Instead, I say Lapierre with Higgins and Booth. Lapierre is essentially a poor-man's Kesler anyway and his shot looked about as dangerous as Kesler's last season too. He needs more of an opportunity to produce offensively and this is his big chance. Plus, he has plenty of chemistry with Higgins.

Maybe even throw Booth on the top line and put Burrows with Lapierre and Higgins, because Burrows and Lapierre showed great chemistry while playing together too.

Lappy will.....AV won't let a youngster step up right away - a good Hodgson couldn't even get up there, so it'll likely be a veteran player and Lappy is the perfect guy.

Who will fill in for Kesler though? I'm guessing Jensen will get called up for sure to start the year, and Schroeder will play games here and there while Jensen becomes a regular, at least as long as Kesler is out for.

First off, you can't deny that Kesler had an amazing and productive regular season 2010/2011. How do you define a productive season? Scoring 50+ goals off single handed rushes? Moron.

Second: Series against Nashville says hi. (Wouldn't say that he got too much help from anybody on this

)

Well with AV still here, Schroeder will get 3rd line minutes, the occasional 2nd PP unit minutes, and then as Gillis says, he will be put in more offensive roles to show case him for trade, because we will need to find a player who will help us going into the playoffs, a guy we will have to wait for 3-4 years down the road for anyways. Then AV will experiment again and put Raymond as the Center.

Despite Kesler probably only missing a handful of games, Gillis should probably go out and acquire a second line center playmaker.

Who could not only help right now, but to also help Kesler when he gets back, we all know Kesler wont be back to his former self until at least January. Giving him a set up man would be a huge benefit.

I won't deny he had a great season in 10/11. But I do like to look at how someone actually performs aside from stats. And aside from that incredibly small sample size against Nashville (where he was fantastic), he was actually terrible this year. He showed that while he is a workhorse, he did play as an effective 2nd line C should play. He did not use his linemates effectively, and once teams have figured him out, he doesn't have the skill to carry a line and consistently make something out of nothing like many other players in this league.

He is a one trick pony that doesn't have the hands and vision as I saw from this year, to live up to the hype he created last year.

I hope he proves me wrong though. But I was incredibly unimpressed with him this year. Last year he showed me he was even Captain material, where this year he showed me an incredibly immature side of him. But again, I hope he turns around and proves me wrong that he has more to his game than this year showed.

I won't deny he had a great season in 10/11. But I do like to look at how someone actually performs aside from stats. And aside from that incredibly small sample size against Nashville (where he was fantastic), he was actually terrible this year. He showed that while he is a workhorse, he did play as an effective 2nd line C should play. He did not use his linemates effectively, and once teams have figured him out, he doesn't have the skill to carry a line and consistently make something out of nothing like many other players in this league.

He is a one trick pony that doesn't have the hands and vision as I saw from this year, to live up to the hype he created last year.

I hope he proves me wrong though. But I was incredibly unimpressed with him this year. Last year he showed me he was even Captain material, where this year he showed me an incredibly immature side of him. But again, I hope he turns around and proves me wrong that he has more to his game than this year showed.

1. It's highly probable that he won't miss any games.

2. Even if he does, it will be 10, tops.

3. During that time we'll see a mish-mash of veteran players and prospects given shots until his return.

4. The available mish-mash of players available depends on what Gillis does during the summer. Heck, Kesler's NTC doesn't kick in until next season. Maybe he'll be dumped in an epic swap for Dion Phaneuf. Cheers.

TOML

Archived