The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Can The Canucks Draft In The First Round

I've posted this many times, and have been hyping these guys all year, unfortunately they've all risen much higher in the draft rankings since I've started saying we should snag them with our late 1st (in some cases they've went from being ranked late in the 2nd round to mid 1st):

1. Ludvig Bystrom - Ornskoldsvik native, could be next Edler

2. Dalton Thrower - Styles himself after Bieksa, plays exactly like him, better defensively at his level though. May end up better than Juice himself at this rate. From Van.

3. Colton Sissons - Styles himself after Kesler, not so fast but not so greedy with the puck, Captain of the Kelowna Rockets, also from Van.

If all 3 are gone:

4. Tom Wilson

5. Tim Bozon

There seems to be a lot of Vancouver-area guys in this draft. Trade #26 to a team looking to get a top prospects and pick 2 times from 31-40. We should try and get Sissons, Thrower and if possible Bystrom. Also, if Lu gets traded try to get a pick for him. I hate talking about trading Lu but it's 70/30 that he's moving.

I would love to see the Canucks make some minor deals to acquire some extra second rounders. If we could land Colton Sissons, Dalton thrower, and Henrik Samuelsson in the first 2 rounds I would be pretty darn happy.

I've posted this many times, and have been hyping these guys all year, unfortunately they've all risen much higher in the draft rankings since I've started saying we should snag them with our late 1st (in some cases they've went from being ranked late in the 2nd round to mid 1st):

1. Ludvig Bystrom - Ornskoldsvik native, could be next Edler

2. Dalton Thrower - Styles himself after Bieksa, plays exactly like him, better defensively at his level though. May end up better than Juice himself at this rate. From Van.

3. Colton Sissons - Styles himself after Kesler, not so fast but not so greedy with the puck, Captain of the Kelowna Rockets, also from Van.

If all 3 are gone:

4. Tom Wilson

5. Tim Bozon

Colton Sissons, Dalton Thrower, or Tom Wilson; any one of them would be a nice pick.

PS. I think if Tom Wilson and Dalton Thrower are higher possibilities since they are both physical players; and Gillis has been trying to build this team stronger for playoff hockey. Tom Wilson has potential to become a Lucic and Thrower has the potential to be a Bieksa. Both of these players are known for their physicality.

Tom Wilson

Colton Sissons

Henrik Samuelsson

All solid forwards. Sisson is a good all around player. Samuelsson is a pest like his father Ulf and a power forward like Neely. I haven't watched Wilson that much, but he seems like a hard working player that can evolve into a Brian Boyle type of player.

Dumba would be amazing, sorta reminds of Ballard and Bieksa, but it would be highly unlikely that we would get him.

Archived