The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Can The Canucks Draft In The First Round

If he's still around - Mikhail Grigorenko 6' 3" - 200 lbs. center from Russia. Quebec (QMJHL) 40-45-85 pts. +35 in 59 games.

Seems there's some bias out there in drafting players from Russia for fear they might bolt to the KHL so maybe he'll be available at #26, otherwise I hope we land Tom Wilson.

http://thehockeywriters.com/dalton-thrower-the-next-ones-nhl-2012-draft-prospect-profile/

nuff said. 32 points in his last 29 games. I really hope he falls to 26. I think he's exactly what we are looking for. Right handed shot, sure he's not 6'3, but picking at 26th overall, I am 2 thumbs up with selecting a guy that can play on both ends of the rink, right handed shot, from North Van B.C and tough as nails. This kid actually fought Thomas Wilson.

We need defencemen. Behind Tanev there is no bright spot on our defensive prospect pool right now. We've at least got Sweatt and Schroeder up front with Kassian and Jensen on their way, but no big shutdown defenceman at all. Gragnani is still a long way off.

If he's still around - Mikhail Grigorenko 6' 3" - 200 lbs. center from Russia. Quebec (QMJHL) 40-45-85 pts. +35 in 59 games.

Seems there's some bias out there in drafting players from Russia for fear they might bolt to the KHL so maybe he'll be available at #26, otherwise I hope we land Tom Wilson.

Archived