The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

In The Case Where Luongo Stays

Ugli Fruit

I watched the games and we had a lot of breakdowns in Cory's games as well. If I recall he was first or second star in our game three loss, he stopped a penalty shot a few breakaways and a ton of grade A chances. He played better then Lou in the playoffs if you can't see that then you suffer from Cognitive dissonance. It is a condition that refers to people who cannot see reality because there emotions block them from seeing and accepting the facts. This is a medical condition and people that have it often don't realize they are in need of help. Look it up, you and many other Lou fans could use some help.

Yet Schneider failed to win us those games.

Luongo is a professional - he puts the team first - why wouldn't he be able to live with it?

Now, if Schneider had help us eliminate LA and then the Preds...and then took us to the cup, and we won - then I would say yea - trade Luongo.

But he didn't.

So we are in this situation - who do we keep or do we try to keep both?

Even though I was ticked off with Luongo last year - upon reflection I know it wasn't entirely his fault.

You win as a team and lose as a team.

If I was the Manager/Owner - I would trade whomever would give me the best chance (in way of compensation) to win the cup for the next season.

So, the best goalie in the league couldn't have won those games for us either. LA's offense and defense was miles ahead of us. None of our offensive lines did anything, our defense was terrible, except Hamhuis and even Ballard. We also got out-hit and out-coached. Schneider at least kept us in the games. Not saying Luongo didn't, because he did play well, but I can't honestly say he was playing his best hockey. There is something up if Luongo(who is supposedly or formerly known as "our guy") is out of the game facing elimination. Combine that with Luongo's former playoff failures/inconsistencies and Schneider's better stats, being younger, cheaper, it's pretty well a clear decision in my mind.

If I were to pick who got who I'd say he got you. He had some well thought out points and you had Cognitive dissonance by acknowledging good games Lou played vs Boston but not the stinker games vs Boston. Get some help it's out there.

Really - So you blame a 4-0 loss on Luongo? Just him? That's a stinker? I'm afraid I'm not the one that needs help.

My point was how quick we through Lunogo under the bus, yet when we still didn't win games with Schneider it's the team's fault.

How about game six? The canucks could have finished the bruins off and Lou made 5 saves and had a save % of .625, he fell apart and the Canucks had no chance to win because of his play. Find me a game Cory played like that? That was the biggest game the Canucks were ever in and he fell apart. Cognitive dissonance is a sickness.

Now who has "cognitive dissonance"? You ignore the good games played by Luongo and focus on the bad games.

Bottom line is - got us to the SCF, bottom line is, Schneider didn't.

Am I saying Luongo is blameless? Of course not. But without him, we would have been like the Flames and Oilers the past 4 years - no playoffs.

You may have never read any of my past posts. I think Lou is one of the best in the game when he is on his game but all too often he falls apart. The fans of this team want a goalie they can trust to give the team a chance to win when they need it.

I watched the games and we had a lot of breakdowns in Cory's games as well. If I recall he was first or second star in our game three loss, he stopped a penalty shot a few breakaways and a ton of grade A chances. He played better then Lou in the playoffs if you can't see that then you suffer from Cognitive dissonance. It is a condition that refers to people who cannot see reality because there emotions block them from seeing and accepting the facts. This is a medical condition and people that have it often don't realize they are in need of help. Look it up, you and many other Lou fans could use some help.

Fully agree - in a way, as much as I hate to say this - we are about 1 player away from being the Flamez....you know....just missing the playoffs or bowing out the first round....

Wait a moment - we did bow out the first round this year! Oh right - we were down 1 Sedin for half that series...hmnnnnnn.....coincidence?

Archived