The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

In The Case Where Luongo Stays

Ugli Fruit

You are so wrong this is a business and the fans come out regardless to a winning product. And Detroit traded Mike Vernon right after winning the cup and Conn Smythe trophy... I have no idea how Cory is going to work out but i am thinking that management have already made up their minds on who's going and who's staying. Pretty sure they didn't consult with the fan base too!!

Lou is going to be shipped out because he wants to be. No way he wants to sit on the bench while a younger guy takes his job over and plays in the biggest games. This has nothing to do with fans. And explain why Mason Raymond, Keith Ballard, Andrew Alberts, David Booth.... why are they still here? If it was up to the fans they would have been shipped out long ago.

Cory will be the goalie going forward because of what he has shown so far, his age, and from some collapses that Lou has suffered in big games in the past. The same reason they started him in the remainder of the playoff games... wow i can't believe i am even discussing this.

The problem? Luongo had another solid season despite having injury problems. Schneider played less than half the games than Luongo, and that was the biggest workload he had ever faced. When he actually played a string of games, the guy started to suck too.

The owner knows that if he doesn't spend almost every penny of revenue then he is paying Nashville and Phoenix to play in the 2nd round again next year...so I figure if lu stays we sign none other than ...yup, Cory Schneider. I know he is good and everyone wants him to be a number one, but the fact remains that the team has his RFA rights, and if we qualify him, and he is not offer sheeted, and even if he is, we can match it...then after Arbitration, we got him, and if its more than one year: we have power at the trade deadline.

Just my two cents.

The owner knows that if he doesn't spend almost every penny of revenue then he is paying Nashville and Phoenix to play in the 2nd round again next year...so I figure if lu stays we sign none other than ...yup, Cory Schneider. I know he is good and everyone wants him to be a number one, but the fact remains that the team has his RFA rights, and if we qualify him, and he is not offer sheeted, and even if he is, we can match it...then after Arbitration, we got him, and if its more than one year: we have power at the trade deadline.

Just my two cents.

Go check out his stats for that run. He let in 3 goals on 5 shots during the last game of that streak. Whether it be coincidence or fatigue taking ts toll I don't know. But he did have a big meltdown during his first stretch of games.

That's the best goaltending you've ever seen? Mine was Luongo in 06-07 and many games last year.

I don't even think thats it. The relationship between him and the fans (most) is over. A fire has been burning for the last three years and he's been the gasoline and scapegoat their is absolutely no reason 2 keep him at this point. I love luongo and want him gone cause I am sick hearing about it I am sure management has had enough 2 . Where ever luongo lands I hope he wins the cup that year and hopefully beating us for it. That might teach some of our idiots

LA fans were calling for Quicks head after losing the last two games of the regular season. All goalies have slumps, just like players.

A goalie can also look like a god or a clown depending on how the team is playing in front of them. I think most of us are guilty of knee jerk reactions to games. It's easy to blame the goalie, but harder to this with a player since they aren't on the ice for the whole game etc. In all honesty, even though his stats are bad for the LA series, it's pretty darn hard to say he wasn't one of the only players to show up for the first two games.

That being said, I can't see how #1 will stay in Van after being made #2 during the playoffs.

Go check out his stats for that run. He let in 3 goals on 5 shots during the last game of that streak. Whether it be coincidence or fatigue taking ts toll I don't know. But he did have a big meltdown during his first stretch of games.

That's the best goaltending you've ever seen? Mine was Luongo in 06-07 and many games last year.

No I think in that scenario the Canucks would still win the cup with Cory in our net. However it would go to game 7 with Luongo's new team having home ice, he would post 2 shutouts along the way, but also give up 21 goals in the other five games whilst getting pulled in favor of his backup in two games when he really should've gotten pulled in three.

Archived