The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

In The Case Where Luongo Stays

Ugli Fruit

Zero proof !!! You must be blind, deaf and dumb and illiterate !! Look at the NHL stats and tell me that Schneider is not miles ahead of Lou ! GAA and Sp are amazing. Watch his technique in goal as apposed to the flopper !! Be a Lou fan if thats your preference, but get real...everything shows that Schneids is better.

What happens is the organization is banking on putting alot of money on goaltending again and foregoing using that money to improve their forwards and defense. To me, that is mind boggling when you look at the teams that won the cup the past years. How many teams won a cup spending a ton on goalies?

Only reason I think gillis would keep both is BC he likes their character and to me shows he's too soft to be in management to make drastic changes to good character players. We prob will have wait for another hodgson case to come along before a "surprise big trade" ever happens. In the mean time it will be picking up players other teams are trying get rid of badly lol

So you think it is the fan's who are making this choice for him to be traded?? I don't think is has anything to do with fans cheering him or hating on him but i believe the way management used Cory in the season playing him in big games and ending the playoffs with him means they are going forward with him instead of Lou. If the fans were involved in the choices of who plays here why is Raymond still here!! He has to have the worst fan appreciation of all the players.

So you think it is the fan's who are making this choice for him to be traded?? I don't think is has anything to do with fans cheering him or hating on him but i believe the way management used Cory in the season playing him in big games and ending the playoffs with him means they are going forward with him instead of Lou. If the fans were involved in the choices of who plays here why is Raymond still here!! He has to have the worst fan appreciation of all the players.

Because the hate on Raymond is not as overt or as deeply covered by the media. Also, there is nobody directly competing against Raymond for a specific job nobody else can take.

Why do you think the management chose Schneider over Luongo in these big games? Yeah, sure, Luongo has a history of some meltdowns in certain games. But it's not only that. It's the fact that Schneider, though a good goalie, got the easy end of the stick by playing very short stretches of games (often one or two at a time). No problems about fatigue or the lack of concentration as a result. No pressure, since he's not the starter goalie. Media loves him, since he's so politically correct and is generally likeable.

The outside factors I said over and over again is what turned Luongo into a supposed "choke" and Schneider the gift from God. Take the media and bias away and Luongo would not be hated as much (or even close to) and Schneider would not be regarded as the hope of the Franchise.

One thing I know for sure if you read n watch schneiders interviews and compare that to Lu. Lu might have put more pressure on himself the way he interacted with the media. How he used to blame teammates for bad goal or how he didn't come out and talk to media. He was much better last year but I'm just saying that might have caused some more pressure on him by having fans n media picture him in negative way for his comments and actions

Well i must say that it is a well thought out theory you have there but until there is evidence that the fans and media are calling the shots i have to believe Mike Gillis and AV are making the decisions on who plays and who gets traded.

Archived