The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

In The Case Where Luongo Stays

Ugli Fruit

I would be happy with it..

Lu has not lost any of my respect, he has been a pillar of strength when it comes to dealing with fans and media.

With Lu in the net, the rest of the team plays a more open style of hockey. When Cory is in the net, the rest of the team plays a defensive style of hockey.

Could that be because they like Cory more? Maybe? Could it be that team feels they need to protect him? Maybe?

If Cory is here, I would be happy to see him here. I worry for him being a starter here though, once the shine is off he will be bashed by fans and media.

No matter what happens, support them I say!

We must not forget that new jersey is only 8 wins away from needing a new franchise goalie....broduer-Lou...same cap hit???

Go Devils!!!!!( even if it serves no other purpose then to drive up the price between the one or 2 teams genuinely interested)

If Cory's trade value is higher is he not the better goalie? Is he not the goalie with more potential? Is he not the goalie that has more years of top level play left in him? I find it crazy when Lou fans say we should trade the goalie that will get us more in a trade "Cory". If other teams want him more should we not want him more?

If Luongo stays then expect him to be the most scrutinized player in all of hockey...

Lu is one of my favorite Canuck's of all time and i've always backed and defended him. But even I can see it's time for the organization and Luongo himself to just move on...And as much as I love him and will be incredibly sad to see him move to another team, we DON'T want to lose Schneider. He is going to be a perennial Vezina contender. The kid is a star talent in net.

People say "he isn't proven"...He made 33 appearances last season which is a large sample for a backup. Remember, when he took over as starter with Lu out is when the team finally started winning on a consistent basis. He also came in time after time when the team lost 2 in a row with Lu in net to halt it. Over last season he had the 3rd best gaa in the league and 2nd best save %...Heck, he had the 3rd best save % in the history of the league! He also played in a few of the biggest regular season games for Vancouver. There wasn't a more pressure filled regular season game then against Boston, and he won it. Add on to that with the Canucks playoff lives on the line he allowed 1 regulation goal in 3 straight games.

To me, there isn't a risk at all in this kid turning out.

Luongo > Schneider overall.

Schneider will be lucky if he's anywhere near the goalie Luongo is right now, and I don't want to take that risk. 50 regular season games is still unproven to me - he's a kid. Luongo is a professional.

again is CS a proven 60-70 NHL game goalie? yet to be seen, who lost the last three games for the canucks in the playoffs CS. none of you think MG is doing the exact same thing he did with Hodgson. Showcasing him so they can trade him? They could still sign him and then trade him. get something out of him.

again is CS a proven 60-70 NHL game goalie? yet to be seen, who lost the last three games for the canucks in the playoffs CS. none of you think MG is doing the exact same thing he did with Hodgson. Showcasing him so they can trade him? They could still sign him and then trade him. get something out of him.

Lou is a proven goaltender !! He has proven to be inconsistant lately. Proven he is not capable of winning the big game for us. Proven he does not take instruction well from goalie coach. Proven that hes a no show in October. Proven he has meltdowns and proven tthat hes no longer a top 10 goalie. You Lou lovers are all correct...Lou is proven...just not improven !!

There is no indication whatsoever than Cory cannot get us there and play as many games as Lou...what was Lous record this year? 31and 22 ? He didn;t set any records with that level of play and he didn;t even show up in October,,,,at the beginning of the season !!

Lou is a proven goaltender !! He has proven to be inconsistant lately. Proven he is not capable of winning the big game for us. Proven he does not take instruction well from goalie coach. Proven that hes a no show in October. Proven he has meltdowns and proven tthat hes no longer a top 10 goalie. You Lou lovers are all correct...Lou is proven...just not improven !!

I didn't know we lost five games to LA in the first round, I know Lou lost the first two and if Cory lost three then? It's just not adding up to me but I could be wrong. Just so you know they faced the same number of shots per game and Cory's stats were much better.

everyone said luongo played awesome in net but the rest of the team gave up too many penalties and these two are right. And if you pay attention to who was on the ice for most of the goals against you would see Alex Edler. not doing his job. Lu did everything but score goals and win faceoffs...nothing against CS he's a good goalie but go with who got you there.

so you can just look at the morning paper and look at SA and see who played better? if you think its that black and white you dont know hockey at all.

Game 1 we took 4 penalties in the first period and 5 straight in an 11 min span. a 5-3 for over a minute to boot.

Game 2 Brown gets a breakaway from center ice while we are on the poweplay and scores. edler tries the ever so useful back pass which leads to brown once again scoring shorthanded with the canucks D scrambling and falling down infront of Lu doing more harm then good.

so you can just look at the morning paper and look at SA and see who played better? if you think its that black and white you dont know hockey at all.

Game 1 we took 4 penalties in the first period and 5 straight in an 11 min span. a 5-3 for over a minute to boot.

Game 2 Brown gets a breakaway from center ice while we are on the poweplay and scores. edler tries the ever so useful back pass which leads to brown once again scoring shorthanded with the canucks D scrambling and falling down infront of Lu doing more harm then good.

You are all missing the boat here. What we need more than defence is goal scoring. With Kessler out for 6 months (and probably in decline) we need a good second line center. Schneids has more trade value. Both Goalies are excellent but Luongo has a proven track record while Schneids is in the beginning of his Career. Keeping Luongo makes more sense long term and trading Schneids for a top 6 center will ensure, on the return of Kessler that we have goal potential moving in the SCF in 2013.

I'm prepared to lay a cool 6 pack that Luongo starts the season with Lack as back up. Any takers?

I really don't see how they can keep Luongo. Imagine Cory being traded and Lou starts slumping. If the media is a circus now we're talking world war 3 from the media. It could undermine the whole team and cause collapse from within. It's too risky in my opinion.

The worst thing is we brought it on ourselves. Perhaps MG is partly to blame for keeping two good goalies. I mean it's got to suck if you know someone is constantly looking over your shoulder to steal your job. I know these should be professionals that just go out and perform and competition is good but over time and in reality I don't know if it really works like that.

Then it's also Luongo or bust the rest of the way ... for ten years. No way we would even consider trading him in a year or two if he is falters. Unless MG re-evaluates and thinks that Luongo is seriously that much better than Cory, or he gets a great offer for Cory Lou is gonzo.

I'd hate to become the reverse Flyers who have had stacked teams for years and years and years now but refuse to get a good goalie (they kind of tried with Bryz now I guess) so they don't win. We would eventually not win because we refuse to change our goalie.

Archived