Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Satan's Evil Twin

Canadian War Artist Allan Harding Mackay Talks About And Destroys His Work In Protest Of Harper Gov.

War artist to protest government

May 8, 2012News > Politics > Power & Politics

Canadian War artist Allan Harding MacKay talks about his intent to publically destroy his artwork to protest what he calls government abuse of power

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/News/Politics/Power_&_Politics/1305400780/ID=2232259139

I'm not into art, but I have tremendous respect for it.. Seeing him rip up his work made me cringe. I've never heard of MacKay, but I gather he is a well respected Canadian artist. This is a quite a statement of protest.

If you've seen his work, he is probably doing the Canadian art world a favour. I will be ripping up a drawing later as well, in protest of IGA being out of Spiral Kraft Dinner. THAT is quite a statement of protest.

A major statement for an artist to tear up his/her own work.

The facetious responses aside, many intellectual Canadians are pretty uncomfortable with where Harper is taking this country mainly in foreign policy - in which Mr MacKay surely has some knowledge of.

And the only KD worth eating is the white cheddar.

Who? Thought so. In 5 days, this name will be for CDCers and Canadians as blurry as Joe Smith or John Doe.

Move along...

Who? Thought so. In 5 days, this name will be for CDCers and Canadians as blurry as Joe Smith or John Doe.

Move along...

Such an awkward moment when he did it on Power and Politics.

Evan Solomon was flabbergasted at him doing it. He couldn't seem to grasp the point of it.

Such an awkward moment when he did it on Power and Politics.

Evan Solomon was flabbergasted at him doing it. He couldn't seem to grasp the point of it.

You're a glass is half empty kinda person, arn't you. Besides by ripping up his paintings on CBC, he probably tripled the value of the rest of his paintings.

Don't be a dick. For the record, I have heard of this guy.

When you have an artist who is drawing paintings on Canadian military conflicts... and he's ripping 'em up for a cause, you stop and listen to what he has to say. I'd like to know what you have contributed to Canadian culture.