The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver Canucks: 10 Players Who Could Be Coming West In Luongo Deal

Sully2Cool

Oh gosh, that was a terrible list. no offence.

Parise is a UFA

Volvhenkov is actually really good, but, no, hes turning 30 and I don't think he's worth Longo.

Komasarek is garbage. A punching bad.

Schenn is also garbage. He will be the new Mason Raymond if he plays for us, Mark my words. We will be crying for this guy to get traded

Ohlund. I don't think it will happen. He's getting way too old.

Malone. Terrible contact, I think Gillis will be targeting players in their early 20's

Kulivkov makes the most sense, but it will be a package.

The most realistic trade that would go down on that list is Luongo for Luke Schenn but I think Toronto would have to add a little more.

How about Tyler Bozak to round out the trade. He's a player that can maybe play 3rd line centre next year?

Before people start saying he isn't a bottom 6 guy or he's too soft, I looked at his stats and he had the same amount of hits as Hansen and Weise. His +/- is a bit iffy but he was playing on a poor Toronto team. He has offensive upside with 47points and at 1.5million he's also a cheaper option than Malhotra. Bozak also had the 2nd best faceoff % on Toronto this year at above 50%. He could also slot in the 2nd centre powerplay position.

The more I think about it the more this deal would make sense. Any comments?

gillis is back our head coach will be back... and ya status quo lu won't be traded and it will be the same thing all over again... with the same pple making the same mistakes.... we are doomed.

Phaneuf and a 2nd for Schneider.

Re-sign Salo for 1 million, play him 15 minutes a game max.

Edler - Phaneuf

Bieksa - Hamhuis

Salo - Ballard

Tanev

Say what you want about Phaneuf, his big, physical, mean style of play is exactly what the Canucks need and lack on their blueline.

Komiserik is Higgins best friend. The two of them together might bring Komiserik back to his old form. Chemistry/Friends have a way of doing that...Does Jeff Carter and Mike Richards ring a bell?

I am really liking the idea of Teddy Purcell, this guy is has some upside to him I believe, he is improving and showing he can score as well. He reminds me of James Neal, I remember James Neal in Dallas and really believed this guy had potential to be a good Canadian player, and he showed it this year in Pitsburgh. Teddy is a Canadian, plays RW perfect for either the Sedins or Kesler, 6 foot 3 - 202lbs, that's a pretty big body presence as well, he is undrafted like Burrows, so you know he wants to prove he belongs in the NHL.

obviously we have no idea what's going to happen in the summer. But if Luongo does get traded I'd be quite happy with a guy like Malone or a D-man like Schenn.

What I hate more than speculation and rumours is the long wait until this trade (if it does) happens....

Yeah, who would want a top 10 goalie in this league who won the gold medal 2 years ago, has been nominated 3 times for the vezina (once as recently as last year), has been to game 7 of the stanley cup final, and is locked up for a long time with a very reasonable 5.3 cap hit...Yup that's definitely worth a bottom 6 and 4th rounder!!

...don't quit your day job.

The only logical and possible trade is either Tampa Bay , Malone, or Komiisarek if he goes to Toronto.

Luongo was seen in the a few days ago at the Olympic Torch site with his family..

He has given his final goodbye to the city and his friends in this city.

Good luck Lu.. We have appreciated all you brought tot his team.

Archived