The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver Canucks: 10 Players Who Could Be Coming West In Luongo Deal

Sully2Cool

I don't see Tampa moving St. Louis

LeCav however I could see being moved for Luongo- one massive contract for another, although if the Canucks do this I would hope they would get a prospect or pick back since LeCav's contact is even worse then Lou's.

I am concerned that Gillis is going to be anywhere near this trade.I think he is one of the worst GM's in the league when it comes to moving or getting players.He continually shops in 1 aisle(read Florida)when he wants to get a player.He is like a bad car buyer when he is at the draft table.This team needs a hummer and he keeps getting smart cars.He is only once TRADED for a legitimate top 6 player since he got here.I am not counting signings(which by the way is only Samuelsson) and I do not put Higgins in the top six even though he played there.He is more suited to the 3rd line.His big trade was Booth.Oh yeah,David Booth,a 4.25 million dollar player who in the 2011 season played all 82 games and put up a whopping 40 points.His best season was 60 points once.He has never gotten more than 40 after that.It's the only so called top 6 forward that Gillis has ever gotten during the season.Florida was so desperate to rid themselves of that albotross contract they took Marco Sturm and an injured Samuelsson and high 5ed their arses off the rest of the day.It turned out the Canucks didn't even get a Kesler lite in the deal.More like a barely upgraded Raymond.

I hope that Gillis uses Gillman and Aqualini to help in any deal he trys to make for Luongo.My big fear is he gets way under value and then sits at the podium and says it was the best deal he could get and then we find out later a lesser skilled goalie gets traded for more.A greater fear is he doesn't like the offers he gets and he moves Schneider for more and we are stuck with Luongo and his constant platitudes about how he let his team down again after another crappy night in goal.

I am concerned that Gillis is going to be anywhere near this trade.I think he is one of the worst GM's in the league when it comes to moving or getting players.He continually shops in 1 aisle(read Florida)when he wants to get a player.He is like a bad car buyer when he is at the draft table.This team needs a hummer and he keeps getting smart cars.He is only once TRADED for a legitimate top 6 player since he got here.I am not counting signings(which by the way is only Samuelsson) and I do not put Higgins in the top six even though he played there.He is more suited to the 3rd line.His big trade was Booth.Oh yeah,David Booth,a 4.25 million dollar player who in the 2011 season played all 82 games and put up a whopping 40 points.His best season was 60 points once.He has never gotten more than 40 after that.It's the only so called top 6 forward that Gillis has ever gotten during the season.Florida was so desperate to rid themselves of that albotross contract they took Marco Sturm and an injured Samuelsson and high 5ed their arses off the rest of the day.It turned out the Canucks didn't even get a Kesler lite in the deal.More like a barely upgraded Raymond.

I hope that Gillis uses Gillman and Aqualini to help in any deal he trys to make for Luongo.My big fear is he gets way under value and then sits at the podium and says it was the best deal he could get and then we find out later a lesser skilled goalie gets traded for more.A greater fear is he doesn't like the offers he gets and he moves Schneider for more and we are stuck with Luongo and his constant platitudes about how he let his team down again after another crappy night in goal.

who in their right mind would trade with toronto. unless they're getting first round picks its just asking for another a-hole in your forehead. lets try make this no country for old men. Zurbrus are ya crazy he's nowhere near what this team needs and the way he's constantly getting pounded by everyone we don't need another wuss. and straight out no to ohlund and jovonoski if we wanted them we would've never traded them. and if your looking for cap room to sign schneider then offload ballard, raymond and tell salo to retire. then you free to sign him to a reasonable contract and wait for the huge offers to come in from a lot more teams then what you can get from luongo's small list of teams he'd go to. Parise would be awesome here but with the devils being in the playoff conference finals his asking price is just going up. St.Louis would be a good fit to the 2nd line with Booth and Kesler. And one more big question would be is Schneider a 60-70 game goalie in the NHL. don't forget when tampa traded Richards for Smith. everyone thought smith was a great goalie then he stunk it up for three years before he came back to finally be what everyone expected of him. just saying never know how schneider will react to being number one. could work out great or could just fall apart.

Coming off a season where he was not able to do any off-ice training due to a horrific injury.

When healthy he can put of 40-50 points.

Is defensively solid.

Can play the PK and is one of the fastest skaters in the league.

The NHL is too good a league for a player to put up 25 goals by fluke. He needs a summer to work on lower body strength to improve balance. He didn't get that opportunity last off-season which explains the decline in his point totals.

The only ones that really makes sense from both sides are Luke Schenn and Ryan Malone.

Schenn is my pick. We need a top-4 RH D-man who can play with Edler and cover for his mistakes. He's still only 22, and likely to get only better as time passes.

Phaneuf and a 2nd for Schneider.

Re-sign Salo for 1 million, play him 15 minutes a game max.

Edler - Phaneuf

Bieksa - Hamhuis

Salo - Ballard

Tanev

Say what you want about Phaneuf, his big, physical, mean pylon style of play is not exactly what the Canucks need and lack on their blueline.

Credibility of this article is poor; As a UFA, Parise's negotiating rights would not come even remotely close to acquiring Lou.

His name, and St Louis, who Tampa would ask to skip his NMC just as likely as we ask Daniel Sedin to waive his, are on this list to get hits to the Bleacher report website. Ohlund can barely walk and did not play last year. Why in the world would we take on that contract?

As if Zubrus or Komisarek are of interest to the Canucks in this type of trade...

Kulikov or Jake Gardiner are the types of players which really are the only types of names that should be a headline name from this list. We either restock the cupboard, like we did acquiring McCabe & Bertuzzi for Linden, or trade Schneider instead. We would want just such a good young, up and coming player. Then a serviceable roster player to fill out our line up and balance the cap.

Maybe we should call up Garth Snow; the Islanders dont seem to have a problem stockpiling veteran goaltenders! :rolleyes:

Archived