The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Team 1040 Morning Show- Botchford

DezzyBeygass

I would agree with most of what you said.

I find Rintoul annoying as well. He seems like a nice guy but says some of the stupidest stuff on air.

Sekeras & Price are gold from 10-1

BMAC & Taylor is great as well, I like them together. I just hate their guests generally. Every time I listen it seems to be about golf or a beaten to death Canuck story.

No, not at all. He and his guest Bruce Arthur discussed a few topics:

- Why the rest of Canada hates the Canucks, and especially Canucks fans (and rightfully so, in their minds)

- Why Canucks fans do not deserve to have a champion in their city.

- Why the Canucks team does not deserve to win the cup, and how it would be tainted if they did (overblowing the diving, ect).

And this is on a segment called Canuck Lunch, on a Canucks game-day, is this the appropriate time to trash the Canucks (the main reason people listen to the station) and Canucks fans (the main people who listen to the station)?

So you cringe at the thought of anyone not supporting this team? Most people hate Canuck fans because they are clueless or choose not to care about anything in the NHL other than the Canucks. At least they were speaking about and weren't afraid to say what the rest of the country was saying at the time (and most in the country still believe all of these things.) on a Vancouver radio station. I think most fans would be able to listen to this and laugh it off, not taking it personally and offer their opinion back towards the rest of the country on why their team is better than say, Toronto.

Sounds like you took it right to the heart though. Sorry if you are a Canucks superfan that can't take a little criticism towards your team, especially criticism coming out of Toronto :frantic:

Botch and scotty to me are the only normal ones.. Also ray ferraro is great.

Sekeres is annoying, Pat always complains and gets all emotional, price has his moments but he can be a bug turn off with arguements sometimes.

An underrated guy is matt baker who does the highlight reel from 10pm to 12. I think he should replace sekeres, wayyy less annoying and more sane, as apposed to insane.

What, did he predict they weren't going to win the Stanley Cup and you're upset that he ended up being right? I like Sekeres because he has straight up said in the past "I'm not a Canucks fan". Unbiased opinion on this team is something this market needs, if we listen to homers all day long we'd believe the team was a contender every single year.

the Moj is the best thing on that station by an unspeakable amount. Some people whine that he name drops, but i'm the complete opposite, I want someone who is connected and gets great guests on, the dude knows how to talk to athletes and the world's biggest sports minds/personalities, and that's what I want on my station

I can't stand Botchford either. He likes to argue just for the sake of arguing and his whiney nasal voice gets under my skin especially when he's trying to intimidate someone he's arguing with. He's a clown who thinks he's some kind of tough guy. As for the rest of 1040, I usually listen to 1410 because I get sick of hearing the same hockey stories over and over and over again

• 8 months later...

I don't care that Botch or Sekeres get their panties in a bunch.... what bothers me is how little they know about hockey and the players they are claiming to be authorities on.

Whenever they start to talk about prospects, in junior especially, I can only :picard: .

For two radio jocks who don't hesitate to say whether a young player is a boom or bust, and to completely misrepresent their skill set and play, you won't ever see them at a Dub game. That's pitiful.

Botchford was also the fraud who reported that Gaborik had bought a house in West Vancouver and was going to sign with the Vancouver Canucks to play with his former teammate Pavol Demitra. It wasn't true.

He also was on TSN last year and was critical of Ryan Getzlaf for playing games down the stretch with the Anaheim Ducks in an attempt to make the playoffs while his significant other was pregnant and gave birth to their child. Whatever you think of Getzlaf a hockey player's personal life should be out of bounds as far as I'm concerned and he has no authority to cast judgment on Getzlaf.

Just two of the reasons I dislike him perhaps more than any other sports "journalist".

Archived