The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Lord’S Prayer In St Albert Public School

Comrade dear friend, I am at a loss as to what this "real content" of what you said is. That Heretic is a great guy with whom you've had a deep, enlightening conversation? I guess I'm happy you could milk a stone? Look man, I already pointed out the kind of "intelligence and morality" one needs "to have a proper conversation", and if what I pointed to is it, I don't want a normal conversation. :lol:

I don't think you get it. I'm not out to get Heretic. He's just a big joke to me. You can say he's smart, I can show he's not. You can say he's nice, I can show he's not. And I'm dancing around your content... Yeah, let's pretend lipstick on a pig makes it a beauty queen. :bored:

Frankly, I've seen Heretic play victim more than he's been victimized. That's from my vantage point. Half the flack he got back in the hay day of the Horsemen was because he'd present Christianity as some sort of victimized religion, akin to Jews in Europe circa always. He lives in Alberta and whines about Christian persecution. You see, our experiences with Heretic and extent thereof may differ, and in my experience, he deserves neither respect nor white knighting (commendable as it may be).

I'm sure you've seen Heretic defend admirably against the likes of SharpShooter and Highway2Hell, huh. :lol: Those guys aren't "I've seen Zeitgeist" crowd, more like "I have a detailed list of what's wrong with Zeitgeist" crowd. Half cocked responses? Heh heh. You know how I know you're speaking from personal bias and lack evidence? Because Heretic usually lost it as some point after posting a handful of "the second set of footprints is Jesus" stories.

By the way, this isn't winning. This is a waste of both our time. Heretic can take care of himself, not very well, and usually it ends in him leaving for a bit or apologizing for being "unChrist-like". I digress. I hope your next response you can PM me if you feel so moved to defend Heretic. I won't discuss him anymore.

:lol:

Again!? For me to be wrong again you have to show me to have been wrong before. Get a crackin' champ, you'll need all the time you can get.

Tell me, what is the difference between atheism and secularism. :bigblush:

Can't the two of you get a room and go argue in there? Nothing you have been arguing about has anything to do with the actual topic at hand. Get back on topic people. This whole "I'm right, I'm a Christian" and "I'm right, I'm an atheist" has solved what? One of you be the bigger man and bow out already.

Can't the two of you get a room and go argue in there? Nothing you have been arguing about has anything to do with the actual topic at hand. Get back on topic people. This whole "I'm right, I'm a Christian" and "I'm right, I'm an atheist" has solved what? One of you be the bigger man and bow out already.

I think the current line of discussion is quite relevant, seeing as it pertains to secular public schools just like, gasp,

Sturgeon Heights Public School.

Well, I don't see an atheist school allowing prayer for one.

I feel somewhat qualified to comment on this situation. I grew up in the bible-belt of Chilliwack. Even though I was raised Christian and continue to practice my faith regularly, I never once participated in reciting the Lord's Prayer when I was in Elementary School (the reasons I posted on the last page). So every morning, I would sit silently while pretty much every other student in the class would do their little tradition in front of me.

It was strange to be put in an awkward situation by that, just so other children could recite verbatim a few words spoken by a man most of them knew little about, and even fewer wished to imitate. Why couldn't they say a prayer at home instead, as my family did? Why did they have to make this meaningless show? Who were they trying to please?

Organized prayers at school are not only unchristian, they make no sense at any level. If 75% of parents want their children to be more spiritual, they should do something about it at home. If they desperately want something to be available at the school, lobby for (and donate towards) a designated prayer room or something, where kids can go voluntarily, privately, and on their own time (before school, recess, lunch, or after school). Don't interrupt other childrens' time for education for your showy display of false piety.

Did you forget what we're talking about? The bolded is the current topic you're discussing, that you brought up.

My answer was in regards to what an atheist school would be like, compared to secular schools, which is synonymous with "public schools" (because they're secular you see).

Archived