Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

The LordíS Prayer In St Albert Public School

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
93 replies to this topic

#91 KoreanHockeyFan

KoreanHockeyFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:35 PM

Why is this even up for debate? Are you people (some CDC members and the thick-headed parents) serious? The Lord's Prayer is a religious practice. Key word: RELIGIOUS. Hence, it has no place in a PUBLIC school, where neutrality is the most fundamental requirement for public education.

Anything that has even the slightest connection with any religion should not even be up for debate regarding integration into the public school system. Practicing religion is a personal choice that is done in the privacy of a believer's home or any organized religious community like a church or a private school that runs on the beliefs and principles of a certain religion.

It's sad to see how this as become an issue, and its even more sickening to see it down in the States. I don't know if its corruption, plain stupidity, or just a combination of the two that is causing this outrageous misinterpretation of constitutions and entrenched rights all over this continent. These documents make up the essential backbone of democracy and yet somehow, we've become so ignorant and again, just plain stupid to the point where we can't read the damn things correctly.

I guess watching "Jesus Camp" isn't a good idea before posting this kind of stuff, oh well.

Edited by KoreanHockeyFan, 10 May 2012 - 09:36 PM.

#92 VICanucksfan5551

VICanucksfan5551

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,045 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:58 AM

Why is this even up for debate? Are you people (some CDC members and the thick-headed parents) serious? The Lord's Prayer is a religious practice. Key word: RELIGIOUS. Hence, it has no place in a PUBLIC school, where neutrality is the most fundamental requirement for public education.

Anything that has even the slightest connection with any religion should not even be up for debate regarding integration into the public school system. Practicing religion is a personal choice that is done in the privacy of a believer's home or any organized religious community like a church or a private school that runs on the beliefs and principles of a certain religion.

It's sad to see how this as become an issue, and its even more sickening to see it down in the States. I don't know if its corruption, plain stupidity, or just a combination of the two that is causing this outrageous misinterpretation of constitutions and entrenched rights all over this continent. These documents make up the essential backbone of democracy and yet somehow, we've become so ignorant and again, just plain stupid to the point where we can't read the damn things correctly.

I guess watching "Jesus Camp" isn't a good idea before posting this kind of stuff, oh well.

I didn't really see any support for school-sanctioned prayer in this thread. The debate has been about other things.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#93 Buggernut

Buggernut

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,526 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:31 AM

Alberta's problem.

#94 JLumme

JLumme

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:16 AM

I've always believed in the Golden Rule myself -- "He who has the gold, makes the rules."

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.