Mayray is gonna kick butt this season.

#152 TACIC

TACIC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

I've come to the conclusion that if you are on here defending the way that Mason Raymond plays hockey, then you yourself know NOTHING about hockey!! Raymond is useless. He brings the players around him down. He kills momentum and scoring chances. He falls down all the time. He is not good defensively. His shot sucks. He NEVER looks to pass. He takes low percentage shots from terrible angles that never have a chance. He is NOT THAT FAST.

Sorry for the rant but I am still waiting for someone to explain to me why he is an asset to our team.

And stop playing the injury card.

Because he is a good penalty killer and uses his speed to create open ice for teammates and himslef
AUmxe4h.gif
Credit to JimLahey for this awesome sig

TACIC

Yes i am a Leafs fan too, DEAL WITH IT!!

Go Canucks Go!

#153 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:14 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image
" I don't understand, can somebody tell me what's going on? Why is there a drunk Chinese man doing push-ups on my front lawn?......and why's he wearing lipstick??"

#154 Linden Legend

Linden Legend

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

Because he is a good penalty killer and uses his speed to create open ice for teammates and himslef

No man. Just because he plays on our penalty kill doesn't mean that he is good at it.

And when is the last time his speed has done anything. You people are grabbing at straws. He does not have blinding speed!!! He is not blowing by guys all game long and creating chances with his speed. Quit making him out to be Pavel Bure.

Bure had REAL SPEED. Bure could use his speed to create open ice for himself and his team mates. Raymond does not possess this kind of speed, contrary to the belief of some of the people on here.

Seriously, take off the homer goggles. He's just not very good...
"He'll play! You know he'll play! He'll play on crutches!"
"Adams shoots...SCORES!!! Greg Adams!!! Greg Adams!!!"
"They've slayed the dragon!!"

#155 Linden Legend

Linden Legend

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:25 PM

Highly unlikely.

#156 winacup

winacup

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:06 PM

:picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: to infinity
Posted Image

#157 TACIC

TACIC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,433 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:32 AM

what are you?Columbus Blue Jackets fans?Like just let the guy ffin play ok
AUmxe4h.gif

TACIC

Go Canucks Go!

#158 winacup

winacup

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:36 AM

I'l let him play.....as long as it's on another team.
Posted Image

#159 CamTheCanuckFan

CamTheCanuckFan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:38 AM

He sucks. End of story

seahd2.jpg

:towel: Thanks To VC For The Sig!  :towel:

#160 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,782 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:09 AM

Except Raymond works hard and is not a lazy bum

If a lazy bum can outproduce Raymond...then wow, just wow.

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#161 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:10 AM

There are about 300 HHOF player in the league currently if you ignore their downsides.
I'm saying Aladeen a lot because http://forum.canucks...dpost__10922428

I bet when Schneider turns 38, he will have broken all of Luongo's records.

Posted Image

General Manager of Buffalo Sabres; CDC Omega League; CM Connected; NHL 13; [[[[PS3]]]]

#162 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,782 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:11 AM

Once again, because people can't seem to comprehend. HE CANNOT BE SIGNED FOR LOWER THAN WHAT HE IS MAKING NOW. He's a restricted free agent, he can't be qualified below 2.5M. This is why people want to let him walk. We can't just offer him less money....Aiiiieeeeee, and this has been mentioned numerous times now.

Its funny how you guys are responding to the same person, i think, over and over again.

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#163 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,782 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:13 AM

There are about 300 HHOF player in the league currently if you ignore their downsides.

Me and you could be in the HHOF.

No offense to Mason, but this team may not be a good fit for him. However i do hope he can rebound and discover his game.

#164 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,782 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:16 AM

25 goals and 50 points. That great effect.
Everyone sucks when they're injured. Give him one more year. I'll agree that he regressed, but he doesn't suck. He has been less effective over the last 2 years, for sure, but to just throw it all away because of what most would argue is a temporary drop in production would be impetuous.
And it makes no sense to compare Raymond to Kesler. Much more is expected of Kes; he's on a different level. Would you compare Kesler to Daniel?
I agree that Raymond has dropped off. I also agree that if he isn't able to get back to his trajectory, he should be let go. But you should be more patient. It usually pays off.

Problem is, he wasn't that great before the injury.

#165 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:44 AM

Raymond's upside? He skates fast until he falls down.

#166 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:47 PM

I would love Raymond, if we didn't have Higgins on the team..

They're essentially the same player, but Higgins can throw his body around which is something Raymond can't do. They're both fantastic 3rd line LWs, but there's only one spot available.. Making Raymond useless. Whatever, he got us Garisson.

Posted Image

#167 Linden Legend

Linden Legend

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:49 PM

what are you?Columbus Blue Jackets fans?Like just let the guy ffin play ok

This comment doesn't even make sense. I'll let Raymond just play when he's on another team and we don't have to deal with his gaffes on a nightly basis. Go join a Raymond fan club you little fanboy.

#168 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,440 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:50 PM

I would love Raymond, if we didn't have Higgins on the team..

They're essentially the same player, but Higgins can throw his body around which is something Raymond can't do. They're both fantastic 3rd line LWs, but there's only one spot available.. Making Raymond useless. Whatever, he got us Garisson.

We'll see how they do this season, both hopefully can stay healthy. Higgins is more physical, but Raymond was clearly much better vs bigger teams like LA and Bos in the playoffs. Raymonds younger too and can still improve. The stage is set for a big year from 21, contract year, coming off an injured down season and what looks like an extra long offseason ahead. If Kes is out for a while, we might see him get more PP time too.

Edited by CanucksSayEh, 03 September 2012 - 01:51 PM.

#169 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:03 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

You SUCK!...............ha ha ha.......I see what you did there and I copied it.
Kevin.jpg

#170 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

This comment doesn't even make sense. I'll let Raymond just play when he's on another team and we don't have to deal with his gaffes on a nightly basis. Go join a Raymond fan club you little fanboy.

You'll let him play anyway 'cause you have sod all say in it.. :) .............fortunately it's people who know something about hockey who pick the team and not people taking a break off their Playstation to play pocket billiards on MR threads.
Kevin.jpg

#171 TACIC

TACIC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,433 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:12 PM

Already did join a fan club,Not so sure about fanboy
AUmxe4h.gif

TACIC

Go Canucks Go!

#172 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:31 PM

Ray's not going anywhere, might as well stop getting all upset about it.

Edited by Jai604, 03 September 2012 - 03:31 PM.

RIP LB RR PD

#173 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:49 PM

Wasnt aware mason raymond had a upside

:bigblush:
Posted Image

#174 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,344 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:34 AM

If he could just keep his butt from sliding on the ice once every other shift, that would be great.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#175 kazin!

kazin!

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,220 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:46 PM

Two of my favourite goals:

If you play ice hockey you'll know that the second goal is pure talent.
Posted Image

#176 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:00 PM

While I sincerely hope you're right I just don't see it happening.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#177 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,982 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:26 PM

In a brief 2-month period in late 2009, Raymond caught fire in a bottle. His stats were:

25 GP, 13 goals, 12 assists - so, on pace for a 40-goal, 80-point campaign.

Pretty darn good...but 25 games is a very brief span. Was it simply a hot streak, or a young player finally getting his game together? There has been abundant evidence since then that it was simply a streak.

Take out that streak, and Raymond has consistently been a soft, 1/2 point-per-game (or less) in regular season and 1/3 ppg in playoffs, perimeter player. Whatever upside he has at one time is gone due to age and injuries.

He's still an above-average player for a team weak at forward. But I'd like to think the Canucks are better than that. I can't tell you how much I'd rather give Schroeder or even Jensen Raymond's spot, even if they don't outperform him at camp.
Posted Image

#178 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,982 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:31 PM

Islanders lost Parenteau, and didn't get any key FA's at forward. Grabner had chemistry with Raymond while here. Also, Islanders are waaaaaaay short of the cap floor.

Perhaps Raymond for a 3rd round pick is feasible? I think at this point, that's about the best return we're going to get for Mason
Posted Image

#179 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:19 PM

that young argument gets worse and worse as he turns older and older

the good thing is , MG can probably get him for dirt cheap and even put him ona 2 way contract so if he does stink it up we can send him to chicago

1) He was a restricted free agent, He would never make less than 85% of his salary no matter what. The team chose to take him to arbitration and they ended up settling....ON A SALARY THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN LESS THAN THE ARBITRATOR WOULD HAVE AWARDED. HE TOOK A PAYCUT ON HIS VOLITION.
2) How many times does it need to be said... A 2 WAY CONTRACT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING ABLE TO MOVE A PLAYER TO THE MINORS!

Go back to school, learn something, then come back and post. Actually, just dont.

Edited by 5minutesinthebox, 05 September 2012 - 12:12 AM.

#180 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:29 PM

THIS ^^^^^^

Raymond is the opposite of Playoff built. i'd take a Chris Neil over this pansy in a heartbeat.
I will be choked if they resign this kid and don't substantially man up the roster in the offseason.
league minimum on a 2 way deal is all he is worth. even that would be generous.
Playoffs turn savage, every year, we need animals , not pretty boys that fall down on their knees every shift.

Raymond was the best forward on the Canucks against the Kings not named Sedin. He was better than the likes of Kesler, Burrows, Higgins, Hansen, Malhotra, and Lapierre (even with his gaffe against Kopitar...a game we won anyway). Where were all these animals when we needed them, hmm?

Edited by 5minutesinthebox, 04 September 2012 - 11:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.