Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WeatherWise

Pavel Bure On Skates Again (With Footage)

51 posts in this topic

awesome, i havent heard of this. what canadians where there?

awesome, i havent heard of this. what canadians where there?

Loved watching Bure when he played here, always got me jumping outta my chair!

In the interview i remember him saying he had to get skates given too him because his were so old. Love the way bure played, and wish he would come back so the canucks could honor him........ dreams

In the interview i remember him saying he had to get skates given too him because his were so old. Love the way bure played, and wish he would come back so the canucks could honor him........ dreams

I agree......another player I'd like to see honored in the near future is Mattis Ohlund.

Sign him to one game so he can retire a Canuck :towel:

I've uploaded RussiaToday's game highlights to YouTube. While they didn't show any of Pavel's goals due to some particularly shoddy camera work and poor clip selection, he and Mogilny are quite prominently featured in the footage. He wears his usual #10 in this video.

If he's wanting to play again, give him one year $600,000 deal and get him into playoff condition. He could put up Selanne-like points if he's in game condition. He's only capable of playing in the top 6, though so if we go deep in the playoffs next year he'd probably be in regularly by the 2nd round.

He wasn't exactly skating at top speed, but that might just be because it was an exhibition match. He did score a hat trick, though, and his recognizable skating stride is still there.

It would be great to see what he can do in a real match.

Back in 2009, Pavel Bure was considering returning to the NHL until he was hired to be the GM of Russia's 2010 team.

While unlikely, it's not impossible the Russian rocket laces up once more.

If he's wanting to play again, give him one year $600,000 deal and get him into playoff condition. He could put up Selanne-like points if he's in game condition. He's only capable of playing in the top 6, though so if we go deep in the playoffs next year he'd probably be in regularly by the 2nd round.

41 years old? Holy frack, thanks now I feel old! I remember being that 12 year old girl drooling over how cute he was...Then going to my first NHL game vs Winnepeg, my two favourite players in the NHL playing against eachother..Pavel Bure and Teemu Selanne. It was a 2-2 and they BOTH scored!!

So nice to see him back on his skates. I wish he would come back to Vancouver and get honoured here...he should. Let bye gones be bye gones.

Come back Pavel!