The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pavel Bure On Skates Again (With Footage)

Would be amazing to see him play outside of highlights ( I'm not that old )

But my father tells me alla bout him, the way he got everybody out of their seats and no body took their eyes off of him. It would be a dream, even just for a game

The team could offer him a tryout. Gillis tends to offer players tryouts solely for sentimental reasons. I doubt Pavel would accept, however, based on his relationship with the organization. It would be nice, though, even if just for the preseason.

He and the organization need to make amends. Once they sit down and finally talk, perhaps the healing can begin. From there, anything's possible. It's quite obvious he should be honored in Vancouver. If he could play a final game in a Vancouver uniform, though, this city would be ecstatic. It would be a remarkable event.

Sadly, I think we would have solved our "scoring problem" if we signed Bure, as old as he is. :( I still remember him in his hey-day with the 'Nucks, He got GM Place as well as Pacific Coliseum on their feet. Both he and Mogilny were a hell of a line when I had the opportunity to see them play (against Hartford (the Whalers) - anybody old enough to remember them?)

I love Bure! 20 years ago..........

My then 7 yrs old son playing novice hockey, had to just poke a puck into an open net, instead he wond up and tried to slap the puck into the net, he missed falling on the puck and the whistle blew. No goal yelled the ref! When my son came back to the bench sobbing, I ask him why he just didn't poke it into the net? He said with sad eyes. Waaaaaa! " I wanted to score like Pavel Bure!" Warms my heart to this day! LOL............I can only imagine how many kids grew up thinking the exact same thing! He was spectacular! And yes he probably still is better than alot of NHLers.

You guys must all be joking. I love Bure as much as anyone. But you can't compare his "comeback" to an older Selanne ripping it up or Jagr coming back to the NHL. Selanne never had any time away from playing and same goes with Jagr. I can see if Bure played overseas since he retired from the NHL, but no he hasn't. He's been soaking up the sun in Florida and taking judo lessons. Impossible that Bure will ever return to playing competitive hockey.

Archived