Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Pavel Bure On Skates Again (With Footage)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

#31 Wonderine

Wonderine

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:48 PM

The real Rocket wow looking' great. Pavel made our family a very happy bunch for the time he spent with the Nucks. Well wishes and what if........

NUFF SAID

#32 kj29

kj29

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:49 PM

bure we miss you :frantic:

o5udj8.jpg

medium.jpg CDCFL medium.jpg CDCEHL medium.jpg CDCSTHS

*Commissioner of CDCYHL*

#33 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,255 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:08 PM

Luongo for Bure.

#34 Ryan Kesler RK17

Ryan Kesler RK17

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:19 PM

Thumbs up if you think that if Bure comes back we will win the Cup. Also he could retire a Canuck!
Posted ImagePosted Image
Thnx to Vintage Canuck. for my awesome sig

#35 Puck'nAnimal

Puck'nAnimal

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:22 PM

The team could offer him a tryout. Gillis tends to offer players tryouts solely for sentimental reasons. I doubt Pavel would accept, however, based on his relationship with the organization. It would be nice, though, even if just for the preseason.

He and the organization need to make amends. Once they sit down and finally talk, perhaps the healing can begin. From there, anything's possible. It's quite obvious he should be honored in Vancouver. If he could play a final game in a Vancouver uniform, though, this city would be ecstatic. It would be a remarkable event.

Talk about irony, considering Mike Gillis was Bure's agent at the time of the "hold-out".

Canucks_Fan_rs.jpg

#36 Kesler's Pain Face

Kesler's Pain Face

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:24 PM

We finally found a second line winger for Kesler!

Booth-Kesler-Bure

:bigblush:

#37 Puck'nAnimal

Puck'nAnimal

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:29 PM

Sadly, I think we would have solved our "scoring problem" if we signed Bure, as old as he is. :( I still remember him in his hey-day with the 'Nucks, He got GM Place as well as Pacific Coliseum on their feet. Both he and Mogilny were a hell of a line when I had the opportunity to see them play (against Hartford (the Whalers) - anybody old enough to remember them?)

Canucks_Fan_rs.jpg

#38 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

Bure > Raymond

Right now.

The sad thing is it's true....

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#39 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,647 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:41 PM

This made my afternoon, Bure is the best player we have ever had bar none and it's good to see him on the ice again

#40 CanuckCup1316

CanuckCup1316

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:45 PM

I'll start the rumor.

Canucks to sign Pavel Bure to 1 year contract.

:bigblush:

I already tried to start that rumor with Jagr having a pretty decent comeback.

#41 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:05 PM

Had no clue about this. Thanks for the share.
Posted Image

#42 janisahockeynut

janisahockeynut

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:41 PM

I love Bure! 20 years ago..........
My then 7 yrs old son playing novice hockey, had to just poke a puck into an open net, instead he wond up and tried to slap the puck into the net, he missed falling on the puck and the whistle blew. No goal yelled the ref! When my son came back to the bench sobbing, I ask him why he just didn't poke it into the net? He said with sad eyes. Waaaaaa! " I wanted to score like Pavel Bure!" Warms my heart to this day! LOL............I can only imagine how many kids grew up thinking the exact same thing! He was spectacular! And yes he probably still is better than alot of NHLers.

Edited by zcaptain, 09 May 2012 - 06:41 PM.

#43 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,012 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

Just Imagine Bure in the NEW NHL. Hell of a nightmare. This guy probably a shoot out beast too.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#44 baRaMaN

baRaMaN

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

You guys must all be joking. I love Bure as much as anyone. But you can't compare his "comeback" to an older Selanne ripping it up or Jagr coming back to the NHL. Selanne never had any time away from playing and same goes with Jagr. I can see if Bure played overseas since he retired from the NHL, but no he hasn't. He's been soaking up the sun in Florida and taking judo lessons. Impossible that Bure will ever return to playing competitive hockey.

#45 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:36 PM

You guys must all be joking. I love Bure as much as anyone. But you can't compare his "comeback" to an older Selanne ripping it up or Jagr coming back to the NHL. Selanne never had any time away from playing and same goes with Jagr. I can see if Bure played overseas since he retired from the NHL, but no he hasn't. He's been soaking up the sun in Florida and taking judo lessons. Impossible that Bure will ever return to playing competitive hockey.

Fully agreed. An attempt of a return to the NHL would be extremely ugly. The pace of that game was like watching a women's exhibition game. A 40+ year old Bure is not the superstar who we remember. His knees would never let him get close to the NHL again.
"I knew we had a great team. I told everyone if we play as a group, we can win it all. Everyone laughed. Now we're laughing."
-Jiri Slegr

#46 6string

6string

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:49 PM

the most exciting canuck in history!

#47 Can125

Can125

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:17 PM

HUGE Bure Fan!! He is the reason I became a Canucks fan. No player in my mind has been more exciting to watch than him. I know there were some bad feelings yrs ago when he left....But come on...WHY HAS HIS NUMBER NOT BEEN RETIRED!!! He was with out a doubt the greatest player who ever played for this team. He brought fans to this team solely because of him. He wanted out in the end because our press hounded him so much (big surprise....they are still doing it to current players now!) We should honor him. Someone get him on the phone!!!

#48 CHIPS

CHIPS

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:18 AM

Even if it was just a publicity stunt, how great would it be if Gillis managed to re-build the bridge between Pavel and the Canucks...then sign him to a PTO just to get Pavel back in a Canucks uniform for a few practices and pre-season games. Then announce that the organization will retire his sweater or add him to the ring on opening night.

Even if he never actually played a regular season game....the media and fans would have a field day.

The prices of pre season tickets just doubled.

CanucksvsBruinsPollsmall-1.jpgRogerNeilsonSmall.jpgSig too big. 

#49 d.joh91

d.joh91

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:37 AM

Bure > Raymond

Right now.

Bure > Raymond

Always.

Posted Image

#19 Markus Näslund

Forever a Canuck

#50 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:33 AM

Here's a proposal:

Offer him a one-game contract, and allow him to participate in the final preseason game this September. CBC has been covering select preseason games these past few years. It could be scheduled on a Saturday against the Edmonton Oilers, and would be broadcast nationally. Once the game is over, Bure could finally announce a proper retirement. He could hold a press conference the day after, and the team could retire his jersey on opening night.

It would be truly magnificent.
The greatest segue into a weather segment.

#51 InTheCrease

InTheCrease

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:47 AM

Sadly, I think we would have solved our "scoring problem" if we signed Bure, as old as he is. :( I still remember him in his hey-day with the 'Nucks, He got GM Place as well as Pacific Coliseum on their feet. Both he and Mogilny were a hell of a line when I had the opportunity to see them play (against Hartford (the Whalers) - anybody old enough to remember them?)

Seems like the only games I got to go to were agaisnt Hartford.... I did however find a pair of their cooperalls on ebay, almost bought them for a Halloween I had
“I played for the Leafs for three years, I’m used to the booing so it won’t affect me” - Kyle Wellwood

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.