Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grags2Kass

Jordan Schroeder Ready To Seize Opportunity With Canucks (The Province Article)

98 posts in this topic

I hope he comes to training camp ready :)

The window is open for him, he just needs to take advantage of it.

good interview.. i bet the kesler news is going to motivate him even more to have the best offseason training camp of his life.

how sick would that be if he steps in and dominates and continues the success on a line with kes haha.. huge long shot, but not totally out of the question

He's small and Gillis has said that he wants the team to get bigger. Schroeder could definitely be used as trade bait if he plays well enough as the 2nd line center.

God I hate the topics that come up in the offseason. One piece of news a week with 100 topics posted on it shortly after.

i have always thought of him as a winger more than a center...so he could use his speed and skill more

He's small and Gillis has said that he wants the team to get bigger. Schroeder could definitely be used as trade bait if he plays well enough as the 2nd line center.

I hope he gets a shot with the team. I doubt he will get a permanent roster spot this year, but I bet that the taste of the NHL will spark him if/when he is sent down. I can't wait for the training camp.

Watch him stick with the team, then get traded once Kes returns, Kes will be his same injured self from last season and we will be without another one of our top prospects who are about to contribute.

44 points in 76 games in the AHL? Ooooohhh! He's just lookin to bust out at the NHL level. :rolleyes: It's amazing what The Province will publish on a slow sports day.

Hope hes on the roster next year. Best of luck Jordan

Wonder if they are looking to put him in third line center spot, or maybe he will be on the wing with an experienced winger to learn the ropes in the NHL... all depends on him I guess -_-

I'd love to see him get a chance to play 2nd line while Kesler is out recovering to 100% THIS TIME.

Even if Kes gets back if he could stay and center the 3rd line. He'd be playing with Hansen/Higgins/Raymond depending on what happens in the off-season.

This all can only happen if Pahlsson doesn't resign here.

I've watched him play a couple times and he's pretty damn fast. He's also doing really well in his own zone from what I noticed. I think he could be good enough to take a permanent 3rd line roll for the next year or more.