Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Shea Weber Tops Canucks Fantasy Trade List (Province Article)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
92 replies to this topic

#91 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:46 PM

sami pahlsson is a free agent. the person who wrote that huge big bold letter eye sore post should give his head a shake for writing so big because he thinks his thoughts are more important than anyone elses, and for the fact he thinks we can include a crapty soon to be free agent in a trade for a norris candidate. Shea weber is obviously a great defenseman, but if the last few years have tought us anything, it's that beefing up your defense isnt the remedy for a stanley cup especially when it comes at the expense of offensive depth which was an issue during the finals last year, and during the later stages of this year. this team is better off keeping our current defense core while making sure we have nhl calibre d-men available in the 7th and 8th spot, and acquiring an established top six forward to play on the 2nd line so when higgins, booth, and other question mark forwards eventually do nothing, there will be a guy playing with kesler who you can automatically assume will get 25 goals every season and take pressure off the sedins in the playoffs.

also, i would like to think Ed Jovanovski could be considered in a group with lumme and ohlund, and even sami salo. if they continue to play with the team, i would put bieksa and edler in that group as well, and eventually hamhuis. there is no other team in the league that can say they have a top 4 d group as solid as ours and that goes along with us being one of the top 5 teams in terms of money committed to defense. canucks had 2 d with over 40 points, 1 in the 30s, and salo had 29 while only playing 69 games. fact is, we get a large portion of our scoring from the d, and they can defend as well, so i dont think getting weber should be our concern

Wow. Thanks for the blocks of text. Jovanovski? Really? You have no idea. Jovo was a turnover king always caught out of position. Similar to Bieksa, except Bieksa is actually tough.

I need to give my head a shake? Get stuffed!
Posted Image

#92 gwarrior

gwarrior

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

id love to land both shultz and weber this off season. but i have a feeling that were going to have to wait till july 1 2013 to land weber.

#93 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,746 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:11 PM

TEAM Radio@TEAM1040

Shea Weber joined the Moj Thursday night on #TEAM1040. Hear the full interview here: http://ow.ly/aZs5q

Some interesting tidbits:

- He was NOT a Canucks fan growing up, his dad and brother were huge Nucks fans. He was a Habs fan (**pukes on floor**)
- Promoting charity golf tourney "Sicamous Shootout" on July 13th. Him and Cody Franson started it: http://www.sicamousshootout.com/ (both BC boys)
- Talks about Radulov/Kostitsyn distraction - must listen - Shea doesn't sound impressed, he "feels a bit betrayed" cause he vouched for Radulov
- Disappointment about early playoff exit, they had higher expectations
- He was told Preds are 'talking about being a cap team' - Shea hopes they build on that this summer when they need to fill pieces and re-sign guys
- His criteria for a team that he wants to be apart of: "a team that gives themselves a chance to win every year, it's a big part ... and that there's guys in the dressing room that are willing to sacrifice for that"
- How does he respond to people who want him to come play for Canucks?: "It's flattering that some people want you to play for the team they cheered for growing up. But that's not something I think about. I think about playing for the Predators and winning the Stanley Cup"

Time for Gillis to send the Sedins and some other Nucks to Sicamous for this tourney :) Bond a little, 'tamper' a little if necessary :)

Just my personal opinion, but I think he's gone if Nashville doesn't spend to the cap. He almost sounds hesitant about believing that they will be a cap team next yr - implies 'we'll see what they do this summer'.

Edited by RunningWild, 17 May 2012 - 11:20 PM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.