Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ilya Kovalchuk.

R G M G [COMING SOON]

2,874 posts in this topic

If Unknown Team decides to match the offer, then they pay around 26m in one calender year... They will not trade him afterwards, he will be on the team for a long time.

If Unknown Team decides to match the offer, then they pay around 26m in one calender year... They will not trade him afterwards, he will be on the team for a long time.

IMO, waiting until the 25th to make a pick is a very smart move. I just find it funny that people are waiting on that particular player to select, considering there are better options out there at the moment anyway (given that they 1. are better players and 2. are on better teams). This player isn't even a proven commodity without his partner from last year, who was also a very good defensive stalwart and allowed that player to flourish offensively because he didn't have to spend so much energy playing defensively.

Anybody who takes said player is going to be disappointed, especially when said player doesn't actually end up on the team that he wants.

Im hoping he goes to Philly cause he will make one of our players that much better :) Also this team becomes a beast with him on the power play.

Just want to get this out of me: someone posted before that he'll take his time to pick because others have been doing so; please don't use that way of approaching the situation. Not all of us have free time, and many of us are busy. I'm sure those busy that take time to pick take it for a reason because they have other things to do. I you got spare time, just take 30 minutes to decide and make the pick, it will make the process much more faster and will help out soooo much. Don't be someone thats gonna holdup everyone cause you felt someone else did, just pick honestly and don't try wasting time. Also, I'm pretty sure I'm going to Cali / Disney Land on August 10 or somewhere around there so yea, heads up.

IMO, waiting until the 25th to make a pick is a very smart move. I just find it funny that people are waiting on that particular player to select, considering there are better options out there at the moment anyway (given that they 1. are better players and 2. are on better teams). This player isn't even a proven commodity without his partner from last year, who was also a very good defensive stalwart and allowed that player to flourish offensively because he didn't have to spend so much energy playing defensively.

Anybody who takes said player is going to be disappointed, especially when said player doesn't actually end up on the team that he wants.

In his respective position, he's the best player out there, if not the second best player. It's kind of stupid to say that this particular franchise player isn't a proven commodity. Every team in this league would die for a type of player like him.

This unknown player will suffer from not being paired with his old partner. A lot of his play was due to his partner, so good luck trying to reproduce and be the same while his partners gone.

Edit: Shoot poster above beat me to it.

I think that either team he is with is still a safe choice for 30th overall.

He's probably the second best player available at his position right now. For pool status though, like I said, there are better options- not necessarily at his position, but other positions as well. I would say that there are about 4 or 5 better pool options for defensemen. They aren't as big-named as he, but will provide more pool points.

He has always had a lot of freedom because of his partner. He will be relied on more defensively because he won't have a partner that's as good as the one he used to have. If he doesn't make it to the team that signed him to an offer sheet, he won't be stifled offensively, but he will have to focus more on the defensive end. Player's only have a certain amount of energy to devote to a particular portion of the ice, and he'll have to use more on the defensive end than he has had to before.

Playing more defensively, of course, results in less energy for offense. I'm just issuing this as a warning to anybody who might want to take him. There are better options out there.

The Washington Capitals are proud to select.

puck_daddy_chats_with_pittsburgh_penguins_james_neal_about_hot_start_gary_roberts_training_and_life_on_twitter.jpg

James Neal!

Ooooo, very risky pick considering his success is generally directly related to if Malkin is doing good but I would say a rather 'good' risky pick....

REPLENISH YOUR PICK WHILE YOU HAVE TIME AND EDIT IT TO WEBER!!!

:P