The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

R G M G [COMING SOON]

Ilya Kovalchuk.

Shouldn't the prospect draft be the snake of the NHL draft? Its only fair to those with late picks in the NHL players draft, and now that you can't even select 2 starting goalies if your a back end team to even out for missing out on a mid-early pick, I think its absurd for us in the back...

Shouldn't the prospect draft be the snake of the NHL draft? Its only fair to those with late picks in the NHL players draft, and now that you can't even select 2 starting goalies if your a back end team to even out for missing out on a mid-early pick, I think its absurd for us in the back...

Obviously, that's why I'm saying it lol.

It is unfair though, and I think doing a snake for the prospect's would be the right thing to do. I wouldn't mind if we could select 2 starting goalies in the NHL draft, but cause a rule has been implemented to prevent that, its just a big disadvantage to the teams (Yes including myself) that are stuck in the back to tell the truth. All the top goalies and most legit players will be taken before we can get a turn, and we can't even make up for it by drafting 2 starting goalies, nor have a snake in the prospects draft to make up. I'm sure the guys in the middle/early pack of the NHL draft aren't going to say much cause their in a good spot, but looking at it from our view, like I said before, its a huge disadvantage. Us in the back might get lucky if a random order is made for the prospect draft and we might get top 10 or whatever, but then for those who are in the top 10 for NHL draft get a top 10 prospect ontop, man oh man is that a steal for them and a flaw in this league..

Obviously, that's why I'm saying it lol.

It is unfair though, and I think doing a snake for the prospect's would be the right thing to do. I wouldn't mind if we could select 2 starting goalies in the NHL draft, but cause a rule has been implemented to prevent that, its just a big disadvantage to the teams (Yes including myself) that are stuck in the back to tell the truth. All the top goalies and most legit players will be taken before we can get a turn, and we can't even make up for it by drafting 2 starting goalies, nor have a snake in the prospects draft to make up. I'm sure the guys in the middle/early pack of the NHL draft aren't going to say much cause their in a good spot, but looking at it from our view, like I said before, its a huge disadvantage. Us in the back might get lucky if a random order is made for the prospect draft and we might get top 10 or whatever, but then for those who are in the top 10 for NHL draft get a top 10 prospect ontop, man oh man is that a steal for them and a flaw in this league..

I guess I did cause I can't recall tbh :lol:.

But so what, you wait 30th and miss out on the real superstars! Imagine someone with a team of Stamkos-Yakupov, Giroux-Dumba, Crosby-Galchenyuk, compared to someone with Bryzgalov-Murray ; huge difference.

Which is why I wanted to include the prospects draft in the main draft, but a lot of league decisions will and have been based on the GM's of the league, since we got such an experienced, veteran group, I asked if you wanted to combine in or separate it. The decision came to what it is now.

Archived