The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

R G M G [COMING SOON]

Ilya Kovalchuk.

Yea, its so boring here right now (No offense). People are acting like they're real life GM's and are gonna have a war room with 20 other staff members with highlight videos and 50 TV's to see players they might choose. Its not hard to select....and seriously, what 'good' reason do you have to not pick till Summer? Is Summer time gonna ring a bell and give you magic powers to finally vote? We're not all gonna have time to show up during Summer and be here collectively, just not gonna work - we're all busy - so why not kick start it to get things running right now? Pick at your own pace but why's there a reason to say "well I'm going to wait till Summer"? Makes zero sense...

One thing I want is a set date set in concrete. I'm planning on working two jobs in the summer + holidays etc, and would like to know now, rather then in August or whenever on such short notice.

A concrete date for the Entry Draft and NHL draft would be more helpful then starting right now.

Guest AriGold

I think we should start the draft on a Sunday.. Generally peoples lazy days.. Like August 11th or August 18th.. We can get alot of rounds done that day..

Will it be another online draft?

If it's offline and we start now, we can probably get it done slowly, but that has it's disadvantages as well because it will get boring etc.

Online draft you miss picks really easily, but it goes by really fast

Guest AriGold

Will it be another online draft?

If it's offline and we start now, we can probably get it done slowly, but that has it's disadvantages as well because it will get boring etc.

Online draft you miss picks really easily, but it goes by really fast

Thats the reason for the wait, so everybody can do there homework and be prepared for the draft then. Imagine how the real NHL gm's feel when they are on the clock at the Entry draft.. We are a bunch of Hockey geeks playing for fun..

Listen up.

The problem with starting at a slow pace now, is suppose we get to round 10.

Nick Lidstrom is still availible.

Everyone has been holding out due to his retirement possibility.

Its someone picks. He waits it out a bit, and boom. Lidstrom re-signs with Detroit. The guy picks him and is laughing with a #1 defenseman.

Same could go with Selanne, or what ever happens with Radulov.

August it is. Prospect draft will be June.

Just too many variables overall.

Archived