The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

R G M G [COMING SOON]

Ilya Kovalchuk.

Is Florida a contending team? No, they just managed to squeak into the postseason.

If the Islanders made the playoffs next year, are they a contending team for the Stanley Cup? No

Would you put the them in the same category of contenders as vancouver,detroit,nashville,nyr?? No

Is Florida a contending team? Yes. They made the playoffs.

Teams that make the playoffs are teams that are contending for the Stanley Cup.

How could you say they are a contending team? They were up in the series against NJ too and also only lost in Game 7 OT. They were that close to winning.

You're saying Florida isn't a contender because they just managed to squeak in. So did LA.

It doesn't matter how close or not they were to making the playoffs. They made it in.

It doesn't matter what analysts said at the beginning of the year about a team.

You picked Dubnyk when Vokoun, Reimer, Backstrom, Nabokov, Theodore, Neuvirth, Brodeur, Clemmensen or even Bernier were still available. I'm sure most would pick many of those over Dubnyk.

Hell, guys like Dustin Brown, Skinner, Tyler Myers, Pominville, Richards, Iginla were available.

Just to make it clear, I didn't go through a bunch of old threads, I still have the Don Hockey League draft page bookmarked.

All of those players are back ups and would start between 20-25 games while Dubnyk would start 50-55. Plus, what if Vokoun had darted for the KHL and Brodeur retired, then I would be even more screwed. Backstrom was the only player I missed and at least I acknowledge that. And I would take Dubnyk over Vokoun any day. Vokoun is old and he couldn't produce for the Caps, even though they had a great lineup playing in front of him.

Archived