The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Montreal Interested In Aquiring Evander Kane

Every NHL team would love to have Evander Kane on their roster. The kid has massive potential, knows where the net is, and is pretty tough for a kid his age. If Gillis wants him, he'd better be prepared to give up 3 serious assets (eg a 1st + Schneider + Jensen). I doubt MG would do it though, so I doubt we could acquire him.

I absolutely love seeing trade proposals involving the Jets and the Canucks, only because they are so obviously never going to happen.

I'm a Jets fan first and foremost, and anyone that has watched them consistantly this year would know that one of the few reasons they won games was due to the goaltending from Pavelec. They don't need Schneider, no matter how good he is. Trading away Kane in a horrendous trade proposal which involves Schneider, Booth, and a late 1st round pick does not address the Jets' needs, which are a legitimate number 1 center, followed by more scoring depth. Taking out Kane and replacing him with a piece of garbage like Booth solves nothing.

IF the Jets trade Kane, the other team will have to give up a lot more than what has been proposed. The only way I see a trade with Montreal happening, is if Montreal gives up Subban and their 1st rounder in return for Kane and their 1st or 2nd rounder. However, all this would be contingent on IF the Jets can then trade either Subban or Enstrom to Pittsburgh for Staal, as he's the type of center they are looking for, not Plekanec.

Kane is a key piece to the future of the Jets. Only way they would trade him is if it's true that he is unhappy in Winnipeg and the relationship with the organization becomes distant.

If that were the case it would take a lot to acquire him

Yeah, who WOULDN'T want Kane?

Trading away Kane in a horrendous trade proposal which involves Schneider, Booth, and a late 1st round pick does not address the Jets' needs, which are a legitimate number 1 center, followed by more scoring depth. Taking out Kane and replacing him with a piece of garbage like Booth solves nothing.

how much longer can thy wait for Pavelec to live up to his potential? He's started almost 200 games with a 3.00GAA......over the past few years they've had some of the worst goaltending in the league.......Schneider would be a wise decision to make for the Jets while Pavelec could be a backup hoping to find his game to create some trade value.....how can you say they don't need Schneider?

Getting Kane would be so awesome, too bad it will take way to much to get him. That said, if he is available, I do hope Gillis makes an effort to get him here. Sedin - Sedin - Kane would be a delight to watch.

Archived