The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Else Here Is Sick Of John Tortorella?

I don't think this topic title can explain anymore? theres 29 other coaches in the Nhl and hundreds others in pro sports who get asked similar press conference/interview questions and for some reason this guy just acts like a jackass all the time with the media for no reason. Even when your team plays poorly right before, theres no excuse to have the attitude that torts has towards the media. To be honest, it was funny before when he used to do it once in a while and have a little bit of a lashing, but now its just happening on a frequent basis.

I have no issue with it. Most media markets will twist words just for a good story and better ratings.

Most of the questions they ask him are relatively simple. He could easily answer them politely. After all, that's part of the package of being a coach. But he chooses to be an a** every time. A decent coach, but the man's an embarrassment.

media today just baits everyone for responses. Bad call during the game, hey torts were the refs good tonight? - what do you think the goal is, its not for him to say the refs had no bearing on the game they want someone/anyone to blowup and create a story.

Torts is an emotional guy so he just doesnt answer their stupid questions. Ask him something with some substance and integrity and he will answer it.

just look at luongo's comments last year in the SCF. Hey Luongo what did you think of the winning goal? - "With Thomas's style its a hard save for him and with my style it is much easier." (something like that)

media response: LUONGO DISSES THOMAS SAYS HES BETTER.

there is a reason why a lot of players look like arrogant jerks in interviews its because the get so fed up with the media they just want the interview over.

the media is annoying for sure, but he has to get over himself. there's no reason to treat people the way he does. they're just doing their job. if all the other coaches can deal with it, so can he. he's not special and he's not better than the people he's talking to. he's just not respectful enough for my likes

I couldn't imagine playing for a coach who was that intense but clearly the players like his in-your-face approach

He's overly candid and there's a lot of accountability under his system, which clearly is a good think in pro sports.

I just think that anyone who has that many tantrums and yells that often will lose the attention of the room pretty quick.

I couldn't imagine playing for a coach who was that intense but clearly the players like his in-your-face approach

He's overly candid and there's a lot of accountability under his system, which clearly is a good think in pro sports.

I just think that anyone who has that many tantrums and yells that often will lose the attention of the room pretty quick.

Nope ... he's probably the only reason a small part of me wants The Rangers in the Finals. He always provides a ton of entertainment value.

Plus I am sure if he was the coach of The Canucks people here would be saying that he is the "best coach ever" and "how awesome he always is".

Nope ... he's probably the only reason a small part of me wants The Rangers in the Finals. He always provides a ton of entertainment value.

Plus I am sure if he was the coach of The Canucks people here would be saying that he is the "best coach ever" and "how awesome he always is".

Not a fan either, he's a bit whiny and he's a prick to the media. Sure sometimes the reporters might ask a stupid question, but does he have to rip the guy for it? Just give a simple answer and move on. He needs to grow up and stop being such a hothead, at least once the game's over (since I must admit whatever he does in the dressing room is working).

Archived