The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Else Here Is Sick Of John Tortorella?

Well he won a cup with Tampa and now hes coaching the Rangers to a potential Conference Final, he'll have no problem staying in the NHL so get used to it or just stop watching his interviews. He used to be quieter until he realized the attention he gets for those types of remarks. So if he does get canned, alot of GM's will be considering him because hes creating all that buzz and keeping himself relevant.

I think Tortorella is awesome and a great coach. The media has a way of getting under peoples skin and apparently Torts is finally completely sick of them. Some of the questions asked are beyond stupid, like asking for his reasoning behind calling a timeout after an icing. Well the obvious answer is that his guys were tired and needed a rest, everyone knew it, so why ask him? I would have a short fuse with the media too, especially if I had to deal with their crap every day.

Tortorella is annoying as hell, I think he's a sore loser he would be suited best in Boston. Everytime they show him during the game, he's rolling his eyes making faces. He's totally unprofessional, media has every right to ask him questions but hes too chicken crap to answer them. I know he's a winning coach but it doesn't mean you become a douche. People who think he's being real may have a point but he's working in a professional league, I'd say he needs some help.

I don't think this topic title can explain anymore? theres 29 other coaches in the Nhl and hundreds others in pro sports who get asked similar press conference/interview questions and for some reason this guy just acts like a jackass all the time with the media for no reason. Even when your team plays poorly right before, theres no excuse to have the attitude that torts has towards the media. To be honest, it was funny before when he used to do it once in a while and have a little bit of a lashing, but now its just happening on a frequent basis.

Torts is a perfect fit for Manhattan. Especially with the dumb questions he's asked. Like last week after the loss in game 6. Why did you call that timeout after the icing just before they scored? Umm because they're tired.

Archived