The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Else Here Is Sick Of John Tortorella?

I love Tortz.

I love how he treats stars and plugs alike. If you suck you're benched.

If you blow it he'll call you out.

If you are a ref and screw up a blatant call he won't back down.

I wish he was our coach. We have created a sense of entitlement in the Canucks roster esp with our top 6 players that always play top minutes even if they are in a slump.

He's real and his answers are real. simply love him.

I blame the media for all the attention Torts is getting. I don't like him, but I'm sure I would like to play for him. When I played, I actually prefered coaches who would yell. I didn't want someone to be my mother and cradle me.

The reason I blame the media is because they are so focused on this post-game interviews. They all watch that game, can't they come up with some kind of analysis on their own? And why aren't you filming DeBoer's pressers? Go talk to him. Pay attention to him.

You know exactly what you are going to get with Tortorella, and yet you keep complaining or making storylines about his post game press conferences. He is not going to open up, you aren't going to get some sort of marvelous breakthrough.

Does he comes across as a bit of a jerk? Yes. But its the playoffs. He doesn't want to reveal anything.

Also, he has done a wonderful job of taking post-game attention away from his players. Not many people are talking about Callahan's struggles or Dubinsky's poor play. Everyone is talking about how Torts said 'No'. Gee big whoop. Go work on something else reporters! You can't be expecting any different result at this point. Try to find another angle.

The real question is....who else is sick of the MEDIA? Torts is blunt and brash and tells it so as a man, I respect him for that. He doesn't have to play nice to the media. His job is to coach his team to win the Stanley Cup! He could care less what the media thinks of him. He has the right to be emotional after a game when his team lost. Reporters and post game scrums don't help when you're bombarded by moronic questions. I'll yell and be a dick to you too if you ask me stupid questions. Besides, him being the way he is is adding fuel to the media fire. He's a smart man, he knows this and could care less.

The media is always finding ways to make things dramatic and finding stories and twisting the truth....it's what they do! Have not seen the media here or Toronto after losses!...teams, players and coaches get crucified! The TO media pretty much disowns you like a disappointed father! NYC is no better....the biggest news media are in NYC! Drama sells.

• 1 year later...

Sorry, I had to bring this up and it was posted back in May, 2012.. Funny how things turn around up to now, I thought it would be amusing and worth reading this again. There are a lot of people on this thread hate Torts and I want to ask you guys who posted on here... Now that we have him as our coach, and almost everyone on CDC don't mind him now, do you regretted what you have posted on here..?

:)

Sorry, I had to bring this up and it was posted back in May, 2012.. Funny how things turn around up to now, I thought it would be amusing and worth reading this again. There are a lot of people on this thread hate Torts and I want to ask you guys who posted on here... Now that we have him as our coach, and almost everyone on CDC don't mind him now, do you regretted what you have posted on here..?

I like everything I've seen about him to date. This is already becoming another goaltender "crisis" situation where everyone has to weigh in (yes, including me). So much drama...is this hockey or a soap opera? God, can we stick to on ice analysis and reviews of the games vs "he said she said" high school crap?

I just heard it AGAIN this morning on Global News! The woman (not sure, a mouthy little thing) had to have her two cents and state how she can't stand him. I honestly don't care how people feel about him...it isn't news.

The guy speaks his mind forthrightly and he's labeled as brash and explosive...yet every single person can openly speak their mind about him and it's somehow different? Doesn't seem fair. He's direct and to the point, no holds barred. I like that honest transparency.

I'm sick of people focusing on negativity. For crying out loud, we didn't have hockey for half a season recently...let's just be happy that we have a fresh slate and a new season of hockey awaits us?

Hahah All these people that love Torts. ^^^^^^

I'm with you OP, I cringe whenever he gets asked a question. I was 100% against hiring him and have never been a fan. That being said he's now a Canuck so I'm dealing with it.

It's sickening to me all the AV hate on here. He was a good coach and all u see on here is people blaming him for everything. All AV's fault , sure vancouver. I'm still laughing about another poster saying if we had the Fonze instead of AV we'd have a couple cups by now lol. Of course these genius posters never have a reason why AV failed us beside him chewing to much gum. And the same ppl believe Torts is gonna magically win us a cup. These people are hilariously sad.

I like everything I've seen about him to date. This is already becoming another goaltender "crisis" situation where everyone has to weigh in (yes, including me). So much drama...is this hockey or a soap opera? God, can we stick to on ice analysis and reviews of the games vs "he said she said" high school crap?

I just heard it AGAIN this morning on Global News! The woman (not sure, a mouthy little thing) had to have her two cents and state how she can't stand him. I honestly don't care how people feel about him...it isn't news.

The guy speaks his mind forthrightly and he's labeled as brash and explosive...yet every single person can openly speak their mind about him and it's somehow different? Doesn't seem fair. He's direct and to the point, no holds barred. I like that honest transparency.

I'm sick of people focusing on negativity. For crying out loud, we didn't have hockey for half a season recently...let's just be happy that we have a fresh slate and a new season of hockey awaits us?

Hahah All these people that love Torts. ^^^^^^

I'm with you OP, I cringe whenever he gets asked a question. I was 100% against hiring him and have never been a fan. That being said he's now a Canuck so I'm dealing with it.

It's sickening to me all the AV hate on here. He was a good coach and all u see on here is people blaming him for everything. All AV's fault , sure vancouver. I'm still laughing about another poster saying if we had the Fonze instead of AV we'd have a couple cups by now lol. Of course these genius posters never have a reason why AV failed us beside him chewing to much gum. And the same ppl believe Torts is gonna magically win us a cup. These people are hilariously sad.

Archived