The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Patrick Kane's Drunk Adventures At Frat Party This Weekend

There's a major difference between getting blitzed, and choking a girl because she won't take the party to the couch in the back.

Yes, I'd reserve judgement until there was more witnesses. However, it sounds like everyone was pretty wrecked at that party so Kane will probably luck out as no one will be sober enough to remember what happened and press charges.

But this should a warning sign to get your life back into control. Yes, everyone is entitled to let off some steam. But there's better ways of doing that and more healthy ways of doing that. But I do not advocate assault, or borderline sexual assault. Then again I'm from the old school where I feel women should be treated right. It seems a lot of guys are falling back to women are property in terms of their mentality.

There's a major difference between getting blitzed, and choking a girl because she won't take the party to the couch in the back.

Yes, I'd reserve judgement until there was more witnesses. However, it sounds like everyone was pretty wrecked at that party so Kane will probably luck out as no one will be sober enough to remember what happened and press charges.

But this should a warning sign to get your life back into control. Yes, everyone is entitled to let off some steam. But there's better ways of doing that and more healthy ways of doing that. But I do not advocate assault, or borderline sexual assault. Then again I'm from the old school where I feel women should be treated right. It seems a lot of guys are falling back to women are property in terms of their mentality.

If only people had any idea of how hard some professional athletes, let alone NHL hockey players, party. You think "binge drinking" is unhealthy for a players career well guess what, Pat Kane isn't the only one in the league that gets plastered and makes a fool of himself in front of the general public at the bar. He just seems to step on his **** a lot of the time and his shinanigans end up online via photos and "first hand eyewitness accounts." You don't think drugs like cocaine, let alone excess amounts of booze are prevalent amongst athletes and NHL players? Think again. These guys are millionaires. Young, rich and famous who work hard and play harder. Sure, you can make cases for other players who may not fall into this stereotype, but for the most part hockey players aren't the angels they make themselves out to be.

If only people had any idea of how hard some professional athletes, let alone NHL hockey players, party. You think "binge drinking" is unhealthy for a players career well guess what, Pat Kane isn't the only one in the league that gets plastered and makes a fool of himself in front of the general public at the bar. He just seems to step on his **** a lot of the time and his shinanigans end up online via photos and "first hand eyewitness accounts." You don't think drugs like cocaine, let alone excess amounts of booze are prevalent amongst athletes and NHL players? Think again. These guys are millionaires. Young, rich and famous who work hard and play harder. Sure, you can make cases for other players who may not fall into this stereotype, but for the most part hockey players aren't the angels they make themselves out to be.

i'm not one for gossip. if he commits a crime, or his behavior affects his play on the ice, we can talk. otherwise, i'd rather just leave the kid alone and stop judging him. he's a celebrity who makes millions of dollars and didn't have time to grow up. what do you expect? just give him some time, and hope he gets surrounded by the right people.

For the average 23 year old, you're right, there is nothing wrong with partying. But for a professional, high-profile athlete that is constantly under media scrutiny, excessive partying is not a good idea. Especially if it leads to embarrasing incidents (or allegtions) like Kane is finding himself stuck in. Also, I'd be pretty angry if I was paying Kane millions to play hockey and the fool is busy partying it up instead of remaining disciplined and focusing on his off-season training.

Have no problem with him drinking/partying. If he is actually a douche, then he can act like a rich douche like all the other douches. His OFFseason is for him to do as he wishes.

My problem is if he actually choked that girl. Havent kept up with this thread so don't know if his camp have spoken out about this.

Archived