The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Patrick Kane's Drunk Adventures At Frat Party This Weekend

And the stupidity goes on... :picard:

You were there? :shock: You've talked to PK to know what his intent was? And yet you still use the word 'probably'. :rolleyes:

Choking a girl at any time is unacceptable and only shows the immaturity and ignorance of the person doing it. PK needs to grow up and realize that his self-entitlement does not extend to behaving like an asshole and getting away with it each and every time.

It's one thing for a young hockey player to go out partying for a night, get recognized, do something stupid, and it ends up in the media. They may have not been looking for that kind of attention, and possibly on that one night they let themselves go off the rails a bit.

However, this is not that - this is far beyond that. He's wearing a shirt that says "Kaner" on the back, and has an infamous picture of him shirtless in a limo with some girls. He's obviously desperately seeking this kind of negative attention. On top of that, it wasn't just one party or one night - he binged for the whole weekend, hitting every party/bar/club he could find that hadn't already kicked him out.

Those who think that this situation is no big deal to Kane or the Blackhawks organization are sorely mistaken.

Guest BuckFoston

This guy... sweet jesus. Getting wasted is maybe fun late in high school or in the first year of college, but it gets very old very fast. And considering most people act like total idiots when they are drunk, the appeal of it all is really baffling. This is what little kids wearing his number get to look up to, very nice. I wonder if he knows that you can actually drink socially while having a good time without turning into a sloshed twatwaffle.

This guy... sweet jesus. Getting wasted is maybe fun late in high school or in the first year of college, but it gets very old very fast. And considering most people act like total idiots when they are drunk, the appeal of it all is really baffling. This is what little kids wearing his number get to look up to, very nice. I wonder if he knows that you can actually drink socially while having a good time without turning into a sloshed twatwaffle.

Oh STFU everyone who is saying the guy is a douche just cause he's drinking kickin' it and having a stupendous time screwing plentiful amounts of hot puck bunnies.

Any bullcrap about him choking a girl, there hasn't been one reputable news source carry the story for a reason. It's a bullcrap rumour.

When I was 23 I was out wandering the streets stumbling drinking, partying and whatever.... 6 years later, I'm married, have a kid, a self made home owner, and a landlord..... Just goes to say that everyone's gotta grow up at different rates, it's the ones that never do that you've gotta watch out for.

Keep on keepin' on Patty, live it up while life still lets you.

Oh STFU everyone who is saying the guy is a douche just cause he's drinking kickin' it and having a stupendous time screwing plentiful amounts of hot puck bunnies.

Any bullcrap about him choking a girl, there hasn't been one reputable news source carry the story for a reason. It's a bullcrap rumour.

When I was 23 I was out wandering the streets stumbling drinking, partying and whatever.... 6 years later, I'm married, have a kid, a self made home owner, and a landlord..... Just goes to say that everyone's gotta grow up at different rates, it's the ones that never do that you've gotta watch out for.

Keep on keepin' on Patty, live it up while life still lets you.

obviously the best character in the guy, however he is still pretty young (23). The only reason this story gets attention is because it's someone in the spotlight. If you look at many people around this age, they are bound to be very similar....hell I have even had a few rough weekends out and about where I have gotten quite bad and I'm sure I've come off looking like a douche. It happens to young people. As you get older and mature this stuff tends to stop and Kane will as well.

Those of you saying "he's young, I did it", etc. aren't considering one thing - Patrick Kane has been thrust into the spotlight and, whether it's "fair" or not, is representative of a professional sports team. Along with the big bucks comes the responsibility of being role models to all the kids starting out in hockey who dream of one day making the NHL. So it is inappropriate to continue along the path that he's taken and to repeatedly put his team in that negative spotlight. For the average "kid" (he's not 16 - he'll be 24 soon), sure. But he's not the average kid, like you were growing up and he should probably keep a lower profile, or, pay the price that comes along with that. Which is people discussing it and his team responding to that:

Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman said Tuesday that he was aware of Kane's off-season antics -- he apparently went on a bender in Madison, Wisc., during Cinco de Mayo celebrations -- and has talked to him about it.

"Obviously, we are aware of that situation," Bowman said. "We followed it closely. It was one of those things where we've discussed it with Patrick. We've handled that internally.

"We're obviously disappointed with how it played it out, and Patrick is aware of that fact. But at this point, it's a private matter. I think, out of respect for Patrick, we're not going to comment further. We're going to look forward and try to focus on things in improving our team leading into the summer."

Kane's drunken spree in Madison led to a number of embarrassing photos appearing online. One of them showed Kane apparently passed out at a bar

lateralus - if you have questions about why mods make the decisions they do, please direct them via p/m and remember that one of the rules is to do so.

Archived