The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dairy Queen Sedin Soft Serve Ice Cream

Wonder__Bread

Anyone who calls the Sedin Clones soft is either a moron, doesn't pay enough attention to Canucks games, or likely both. Both of them take a lot of punishment but keep playing. A soft player would be someone who, after getting hammered in the back with 5 crosschecks on their first shift, refuses to go back into the corner on their next one. Both Sedins never hesitate to get back to the same areas and usually end up scoring a goal because of their work.

I was really angry seeing zero pushback from their teammates after the mutant Chara, hunchback Lu-bitch, and demented midget Marchand physically abused the Sedins in the 2011 Stanley Cup Final. In this year's playoffs, H. Sedin got flattened by a cheap hit when he was in a vulnerable position all Brown got was a facewash from Bieksa.

Maybe it's time the Sedins took this longer than usual off-season to bulk up to about 230 pounds each.

Speed isn't their game anyway so that won't take away from their style. They'll be even harder to knock off the puck in the corners which would make them more effective using the cycle game. Plus, they will gain a lot of extra strength and confidence to punch back if someone gets in their face. It would be like having twin Jagrs on the ice at the same time who can stand up for themselves instead waiting around for someone else to do it. Then I'd like to see idiots call them soft.

Wishful thinking on my part but it helped me get through the 2011 off-season imaging D. Sedin smiling after caving in Marchand's rat face with a single punch.

This is the exact moment where I thought to myself, "yep, the Bruins are winning this series". The fact that no penalty was called on that garbage by that ratfaced punk was pretty much the nail in the coffin. Those darling Bruins could do no wrong.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH that still pisses me off so friggin bad. I want Marchand injured badly next year.

There are many misconceptions on this Canucks forum, mainly towards our captain Henrik Sedin, and his brother Daniel. Please learn the definitions of the words tough and soft before blindly using them to describe two of our best forwards. The word soft is generally used towards our captain, Henrik Sedin. Frankly I'm tired of the ignorance seen in the discussions lately. Henrik Sedin, I believe is currently on the 2nd highest iron man streak and yet most of our Canucks Community is alright with the use of the term soft to describe him. Yes, you could argue because he does not play a gritty game that he is soft, but he is a playmaker/scorer, we pay him to create/score goals, not to hit.

Just because a player doesn't skate around hitting everyone near them like a goon, doesn't mean that player isn't tough, I'd like to think it's the players who constantly get hit and continue to put up points and/or go to the net that are tough. It'd be great to stop this huge misconception seen around the league that the Sedins are soft, starting with our own fans. That's my opinion on the subject, I think of the Sedins more of a Dairy Queen ice cream cake. What's your opinion on the subject?

P.S.

Sorry for all the ice cream references, the weather in Vancouver is heating up and I think my brain is trying to tell me something.

The Sedin's aren't soft, but they don't have a playoff gear. They can't do anything against those good, solid defensively teams.

But they aren't alone, Kesler has only shown up for one series in his playoff career, and our team as a whole seems incapable of lifting the puck to beat a goalie who hugs the ice.

There are many misconceptions on this Canucks forum, mainly towards our captain Henrik Sedin, and his brother Daniel. Please learn the definitions of the words tough and soft before blindly using them to describe two of our best forwards. The word soft is generally used towards our captain, Henrik Sedin. Frankly I'm tired of the ignorance seen in the discussions lately. Henrik Sedin, I believe is currently on the 2nd highest iron man streak and yet most of our Canucks Community is alright with the use of the term soft to describe him. Yes, you could argue because he does not play a gritty game that he is soft, but he is a playmaker/scorer, we pay him to create/score goals, not to hit.

Just because a player doesn't skate around hitting everyone near them like a goon, doesn't mean that player isn't tough, I'd like to think it's the players who constantly get hit and continue to put up points and/or go to the net that are tough. It'd be great to stop this huge misconception seen around the league that the Sedins are soft, starting with our own fans. That's my opinion on the subject, I think of the Sedins more of a Dairy Queen ice cream cake. What's your opinion on the subject?

P.S.

Sorry for all the ice cream references, the weather in Vancouver is heating up and I think my brain is trying to tell me something.

The Sedin's aren't soft, but they don't have a playoff gear. They can't do anything against those good, solid defensively teams.

But they aren't alone, Kesler has only shown up for one series in his playoff career, and our team as a whole seems incapable of lifting the puck to beat a goalie who hugs the ice.

Archived