The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dairy Queen Sedin Soft Serve Ice Cream

Wonder__Bread

There are many misconceptions on this Canucks forum, mainly towards our captain Henrik Sedin, and his brother Daniel. Please learn the definitions of the words tough and soft before blindly using them to describe two of our best forwards. The word soft is generally used towards our captain, Henrik Sedin. Frankly I'm tired of the ignorance seen in the discussions lately. Henrik Sedin, I believe is currently on the 2nd highest iron man streak and yet most of our Canucks Community is alright with the use of the term soft to describe him. Yes, you could argue because he does not play a gritty game that he is soft, but he is a playmaker/scorer, we pay him to create/score goals, not to hit.

Just because a player doesn't skate around hitting everyone near them like a goon, doesn't mean that player isn't tough, I'd like to think it's the players who constantly get hit and continue to put up points and/or go to the net that are tough. It'd be great to stop this huge misconception seen around the league that the Sedins are soft, starting with our own fans. That's my opinion on the subject, I think of the Sedins more of a Dairy Queen ice cream cake. What's your opinion on the subject?

P.S.

Sorry for all the ice cream references, the weather in Vancouver is heating up and I think my brain is trying to tell me something.

People see someone in one moment of time (replayed over and over on YouTube?) and then they form a quick opinion that sticks. Everything they achieved hasn't just fallen into their lap. Of course they have toughness. Denying their talents and greatness just makes people look silly.

They are "durable" for sure. To be tough (in hockey terms) you have to give as good as you get.

To me it is their inability to fight through playoff checking that has been the disappointment and perhaps gets them labelled as "soft", moreso than the fact they don't play a physical game.

Lets say salaries were the same, anybody want Marchand on their team instead of Henrik? :sick::shock::bored:

Didn't think so!

You idiots should stick to WWF and let real men play the hockey games.

And if you think u wanna try and watch a tough guy play hockey > watch 185 lb Henrik hold off 224 lb Seabrook draped all over his back, pivot 270 degree's even with all his weight on him and still have the strength to deftly play with the puck and deliver passes on a dime.

The problem is they let too many big wankers take cheap shots cuz they keep getting embarassed!

Henrik stopped being soft after Daniel took an elbow, his comments post game said it all.

Havn't been the biggest Sedin supporter, after the LA series I saw Henrik is ready to win the cup.

And in all honesty watch them play till their 40 winning 3 cups with this team.

Archived