The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Jannik Hansen Ready For A Top-6 Role?

Dr Green Lawn

Jannik Hansen had a career year this past season with 16 goals and 23 assists while playing a checking role on the 3rd line. He's shown flashes of playmaking ability with some pretty sweet passes and is just entering his prime at the age of 26.

IMO he's ready to be given a chance at being a top-6 forward for Vancouver.

26 isn't young, but yeah, it might work. He had a few great games playing along the Sedins. But IMO, we've already got a guy who played like him in the top six: Burrows. Both of them play a gritty, energetic game with a lot of passion.

And with Jensen moving in, I don't think there's room for him in our top six. Also I don't think he'd be able to handle the pressure of constantly needing to be an offensive threat.

26 isn't young, but yeah, it might work. He had a few great games playing along the Sedins. But IMO, we've already got a guy who played like him in the top six: Burrows. Both of them play a gritty, energetic game with a lot of passion.

And with Jensen moving in, I don't think there's room for him in our top six. Also I don't think he'd be able to handle the pressure of constantly needing to be an offensive threat.

He seems to be most effective when he's hard on the fore check and taking the body. I'd rather he play on the third and chip in with the occasional point than he play on the second line and forsake the physicality. That said, if he can take his work ethic to the second like and pot a couple more goals then great. However, it seems harder done than said to be both physical and a point-getter.

Dafuq?? Why are people assuming Jensen is "moving in" I'm seeing this everywhere. I don't even wanna explain it anymore.... this place is ???? ridiculous

As for Hansen I agree that he's suited better as third liner. We need people like him playing in the bottom six because they actually can score goals and step up into the top six in case of injury. He's basically a perfect third line winger.

Passing? A tic tac toe passing play, yeah Hansen gets to good spots and makes instinctive plays. But it's not carrying, dangling and controlling the puck under pressure, then still being able to read a play, open up a passing lane and delivering a deft pass.

My point is there is a big difference between your skills making it possible, as a passer, to create sustained pressure & making some quick plays.

At Hansen's size he has to be a sniper or be able to control a play to get on a 2knd line. I don't think I see that yet? Of course I never projected Burrows where he is...

i could see him on the wolves next year

gillis's was praising him at the end of the year and mentioned him among like 3-4 other players that he could see playing next year

if a GM hinted at it , it aint that dumb of a thought

He seems to be most effective when he's hard on the fore check and taking the body. I'd rather he play on the third and chip in with the occasional point than he play on the second line and forsake the physicality. That said, if he can take his work ethic to the second like and pot a couple more goals then great. However, it seems harder done than said to be both physical and a point-getter.

Dafuq?? Why are people assuming Jensen is "moving in" I'm seeing this everywhere. I don't even wanna explain it anymore.... this place is ???? ridiculous

As for Hansen I agree that he's suited better as third liner. We need people like him playing in the bottom six because they actually can score goals and step up into the top six in case of injury. He's basically a perfect third line winger.

he deserves a crack at it because he has earned it. He improves his overall play every year. Yes hes very good as a third liner but if he deserves to move up then do it. we can fill the third line with someone else easier than we can fill our second line missing pc.

Archived