The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Jannik Hansen Ready For A Top-6 Role?

Dr Green Lawn

Hansen is a top 6 caliber player, on most teams.

But on THIS team, he should remain on the third line. He suits that role better, and he can move up to a top 6 spot when needed due to injuries.

This team is deep enough to load up the top 6 with offensive players, and have a guy like Hansen providing some scoring from the third line, while also checking like a madman and throwing his body around.

omfg this place will be the death of me. Nicklas Jensen can't play for the Wolves next year, he's too young. Either he makes the Canucks (not gonna happen 19 year old 29th draft picks dont play for teams trying to win the cup) or he goes back to Junior. At best he'll get his nine games with the Canucks and then be sent back. It's gonna be another couple years before we seen Jensen playing a regular season NHL game

No, maybe in short term situations bu he is better on the 3rd line.

To me, an ideal situation would be to get a playmaking centre through trade.

To start the year

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Playmaking Centre Kassian

Higgins Malhotra Hansen

4th Liner Lapierre Jensen

After Kes gets back, Jensen sent to juniors after 9 games

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Higgins Kesler Hansen

4th liner Malhotra Lapierre

No, maybe in short term situations bu he is better on the 3rd line.

To me, an ideal situation would be to get a playmaking centre through trade.

To start the year

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Higgins Malhotra Hansen

4th Liner Lapierre Jensen

After Kes gets back, Jensen sent to juniors after 9 games

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Higgins Kesler Hansen

4th liner Malhotra Lapierre

Absolutely. He has played in the top 6 role a few times every now and then, but only briefly. And with that time he has gotten, he has shown potential to be a great top 6 guy. He is definitely capable of being a top 6 guy, but with the depth we've had it seems he always the odd man out. Maybe he'll train really hard this summer and come back with a few improvements that could push him over the edge of other players. I mean with Kesler out for a bit next season, Hansen could have a possibility to play in the top 6 role for a bit ----> I know he is not a center but maybe a winger would play center for a while...who knows?

Jannik Hansen had a career year this past season with 16 goals and 23 assists while playing a checking role on the 3rd line. He's shown flashes of playmaking ability with some pretty sweet passes and is just entering his prime at the age of 26.

IMO he's ready to be given a chance at being a top-6 forward for Vancouver.

Jannik Hansen had a career year this past season with 16 goals and 23 assists while playing a checking role on the 3rd line. He's shown flashes of playmaking ability with some pretty sweet passes and is just entering his prime at the age of 26.

IMO he's ready to be given a chance at being a top-6 forward for Vancouver.

Hansen is a top 6 caliber player, on most teams.

But on THIS team, he should remain on the third line. He suits that role better, and he can move up to a top 6 spot when needed due to injuries.

This team is deep enough to load up the top 6 with offensive players, and have a guy like Hansen providing some scoring from the third line, while also checking like a madman and throwing his body around.

IDK,

I love Hansens game, but I think he is so well suited to a 3rd line role and chips in with timely scoring, why try to turn him into a pure scorer and put too much pressure on his offensive game?

Kind of like Kesler, he's been turned from a great 2 way C, to a dangling turnover machine in 1 year.... I hope Gillis and co. Can re-focus Kes on his defensive game next year.

Yes. On most teams in the league, he'd be a 2nd liner. However, if I see him in the top 6 this year, something has gone horribly wrong. We need a real second line RW on this team. Enough of the tweeners like Higgins, Raymond, and Hansen. They're all great players, but I would prefer to have a real offensive player.

Archived